Re: Unlocked HTC 10
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

If you go to the Verizon page for the HTC 10 and go look at the specs and go down to the network section of the specs you will see the bands that Verizon has for the phone. After that if you go to HTC's website and go to the HTC 10 specs on their page and go down to the network section of their specs and look at the bands you would see all of the Verizon bands and then some. You would see the necessary CDMA bands and the necessary LTE bands. Therefore the unlocked HTC 10 has the ability to work on Verizon. This is why I ask if Verizon will allow it to work on their network. The unlocked HTC 10 comes in a color that I would like to have that Verizon is not selling. I want the Carbon Gray color and not the Glacier Silver.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Although the specs listed are what HTC gives to Verizon and HTC may not separate the specs from between the 2 different models.

While there is only 1 set of specs on the HTC website, that same website SPECIFICALLY states the unlocked version is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile. Since Verizon is not listed as compatible with that version would lead me to question your statement that it "has the ability to work on Verizon." Otherwise, why not list that on the website????

I think you need to ask this question to HTC, not Verizon. IF it is compatible,

IF the unlocked version is compatible, it should work, but you are "assuming" that while the HTC website does not state it as being so.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also the matter of if the unlocked model is compatible with the Verizon Wireless network, did HTC submit the IMEI numbers of the unlocked model to Verizon Wireless to add to the database.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
phillip092

I have the unlocked version of the phone and it does indeed have the radio bands necessary to connect to Verizons network. The unlocked Model and the Verizon model also share the same FCCID, they are the exact same phone.

Both HTC and Verizon support have confirmed for me that it has the hardware needed to connect to the network. Inserting a Verizon SIM card into the phone allows the phone to get a signal for a brief seconds before it gets booted off the network.

Verizon told me that the phone CAN be activated on their network, but they need to add the IMEI to their database inorder for that to happen. There have been multiple reports of other people being told something similar, as of right now my phone is still not able to connect to the network, but I am hopeful they will contact me in the next few days with good news.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post the FCC ID number for the unlocked model you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
phillip092

Sure thing, NM82PS6500

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It does work on Verizon and does have the spectrum. People assume it's Verizon, but it may not be the case. Remember the Nexus 9 and the problems it had. People brought it up to the FCC and they ruled it was HTC and was in the free and clear. The problem was HTC/Google mucked the code. Unsure if they fixed it now or not. I returned mine a long time ago. 

So either HTC muffed the code, Didn't give Verizon the IMEI, or Verizon didn't input the IMEI.

Your best option is to bring it up with the FCC and see which way they rule.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I submitted an FCC complaint. Time will tell if this really works or not.

0 Likes
phillip092

I submitted one as well. Another user over at XDA who submitted one received a response telling him that verizon would be contacting him to see if the issue could be resolved.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

That is interesting. That is kind of a quick response from the FCC. Normally it would take longer than that. The phone hasn't even been in people's hand for a week yet.

0 Likes