Unlocked Moto G Play 2021
ohiorob1208

Just purchased an unlocked Moto G Play 2021.  I had Premium Visual VM on my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) .  When I replaced the S5 with the G Play, I see that I now have just Visual VM.  Going to my account for the upgraded phone, I see that Premium Visual VM is not an option.  I want the Premium because I like the VM to text transcribing.  How do I get Premium Visual VM back on my new phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocked Moto G Play 2021
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ohiorob1208 wrote:

Just purchased an unlocked Moto G Play 2021.  I had Premium Visual VM on my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) .  When I replaced the S5 with the G Play, I see that I now have just Visual VM.  Going to my account for the upgraded phone, I see that Premium Visual VM is not an option.  I want the Premium because I like the VM to text transcribing.  How do I get Premium Visual VM back on my new phone.

You don't. Unlocked phone models don't have access to Verizon Wireless exclusive features such Premium Visual Voicemail and Wi-Fi Calling. Honestly I'm not sure the Basic Visual voicemail will work either. Most unlocked phones are restricted to the Basic non-visual voicemail feature on Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ohiorob1208 wrote:

You don't. Unlocked phone models don't have access to Verizon Wireless exclusive features such Premium Visual Voicemail and Wi-Fi Calling. Honestly I'm not sure the Basic Visual voicemail will work either. Most unlocked phones are restricted to the Basic non-visual voicemail feature on Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ohiorob1208

Thanks Ann for the info.  Standard visual VM does actually work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ohiorob1208 wrote:

Thanks Ann for the info.  Standard visual VM does actually work.

How? Is the visual voicemail in the phone dialer application or the Verizon Voicemail application? 

0 Likes
ohiorob1208

It was in the phone dialer application.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ohiorob1208 wrote:

It was in the phone dialer application.

That would mean Motorola is using the visual voicemail option included in the dialer application as built by Google originally for their Pixel phones and not the Verizon Wireless visual voicemail system. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, ohiorob1208! When purchasing unlocked devices, we cannot guarantee all services to be compatible with them. These services may include visual voicemail, premium visual voicemail, and Wi-Fi Calling. We apologize for any inconvenience.-Marshall

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What was stated by Ann154 is correct. Unlocked devices do not have access to this feature which is why you do not have this option for your phone. Unlocked devices used on our network do not have the full feature access unlike the phones that are purchased specifically through Verizon. I hope this clarifies your concerns. Please let us know if you have any other concerns to address. -Jasper

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great to hear. We want to make sure that all of our customers are aware of the features provided for unlocked devices. Please feel free to message us if you have any other concerns to address regarding your device features. We are always here to help. Have a wonderful evening. -Jasper

0 Likes