Unread message indicator won't go away
Rcady2691
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the LG Optimus Exceed 2 My text message icon is showing that I have 1 unread message. I have deleted every message, my inbox is empty, I have gone into Application Manager and selected the Message application and have cleared both data and cache as well as force stop. I have reset my phone numerous times. I am using the standard default message app that came with the phone. Please Help. Driving me insane.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unread message indicator won't go away
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you use Message+ there should be a menu/settings button within the application. Under that you can select "mark all messages as read"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Home page text messaging. The number 1 won't go away. | Android Forums

2 methods others used for success were to:

1...try another sms app.

Download "SMS Backup & Restore" on Play Store (it's free)

> After the App installed, open it and back up ll of your SMS (by default it saved to SD Card) by clicking "Back up" button on the app's menu

> After done back up all of your SMS, click "Delete Messages" button on the app's menu

> Go to you Messaging on your phone and make sure all of your text are gone.

> Restore your SMS by clicking "Restore" button on app's menu

> After done restoring, check your messaging on ur phone, and see the "ghost" sms that won't open/read before is now there.. Delete it :)

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Assuming you mean the icon that is on your home screen is showing 1 new message, did you delete that icon, restart and then try to add it back?

Rcady2691
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did, it's the main Message icon when I open up my applications grid

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

which phone do you have? I recently also experienced this issue. I'm trying to walk myself back through the steps I took. Did you try turning airplane mode on for a minute and then off?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you use Message+ there should be a menu/settings button within the application. Under that you can select "mark all messages as read"

0 Likes
Rcady2691
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!!! It worked, I downloaded the application and had to do it differently but the ghost message is gone! Thank you very much

Snn5
Legend

Yay!  Glad that worked!

0 Likes
LIFEINDOVESVILLE

Not the greatest way to fix it, but it beats having to delete all your messages and start over.  Here's what I do...I find the person's message that is still showing it hasn't been viewed and I send them a little "hi" message, they return a text and the number goes away.

0 Likes
LIFEINDOVESVILLE

Actually, they don't have to reply, just sending them a message deletes the number

0 Likes