Update Issues for SM-t537v
miloslovescoffee

Hi there, I have a couple of the same Samsung - Verizon tablets that need to be updated to Android 5 from 4.4

It worked before but about two weeks ago it stopped working and gives me this error message.

"Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again Later."

I reached out to Samsung support but they say that this update comes from Verizon.

I bought these in the USA and have a few more that need updating. I tried via Smart Switch but it Crashes at 0% (it detects there is an update available)

Please let me know what other steps I can take!

Milos

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update Issues for SM-t537v
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this software update issue resolved ASAP.  Did this same message/issue happen with both tablets?  What current software (build number) do they have?  Were you doing this while using Mobile data or Wi-Fi? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-174827/

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
miloslovescoffee

Thanks for looking into it Sean, Same message happens with the tablets. Like I mentioned it worked fine until two weeks ago approximately.

I was using Wi-fi for all of them, and it worked fine before.

Build number is KTU84P.T537VVRU2ANK1

Let me know if you need more info!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what do you mean worked fine "before"....before what, the update?

0 Likes
miloslovescoffee

I have a few of these and the update worked fine before on other tablets, I just took my time to update the few I have and now the update itself stopped working. Sorry for the confusion! I was just hoping to clarify that it's a new error that recently started happening!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i used to get the same message on an old s5 when trying to get the 6.0 update & finally figured it's a generic message for you ain't getting this update to your old device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

miloslovescoffee,

Making sure you can get the most from your tablets is a big deal. We certainly wouldn't want you unable to get the latest and greatest software. That's a big deal. What Samsung tablets are these? Are you able to try updating these over the Verizon network instead of over wi-fi?

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes