Re: Update Life Cycle
Tidbits
Legend

A few hundred people calling me a shill when thousands have thanked me. If you actually go through my posts and you will see more than often i say talk with your money and not with your mouth. Affect the bottom lines of companies. Use your eyes and see what works. Europe shows what works and what we see here doesn't.

0 Likes
semi_engineer

So Verizon is unable to provide support so they ask amateurs to do it? What

exactly are your qualifications? See I thought when I asked this question

on the forum about how long Verizon would support its devices devices that

perhaps Verizon would actually answer the question. I didn't realize it had

farmed it out to you.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can always tell when someone realizes they have lost the argument because they start accusing the other person of getting paid to be there.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Well, this IS a peer to peer forum.  It's meant for users to help other users, most likely because Verizon knows that there is absolutely NO WAY for them to train all their CS agents on all the devices that Verizon carries.  People who have the devices in their hands day after day are the best to answer questions on how to do particular things on specific devices. 

semi_engineer

Does that happen to you a lot? Why would so many people accuse you of being

paid? Could it be because your standard response involves telling the

customer they don't have a right to ask the question? I've been paying $300

to $400 per month for 7 years. I've paid for the right to ask any question

and expect it to be answered by Verizon, even if they won't make me happy

by answering it.

I didn't post the question to argue. You started that when you decided I

didn't even know enough to have a clue about what I had purchased.

I posted the original question because I genuinely wanted Verizon to tell

me if they planned to extend support of this phone due to the delays.

Apparently they leave this to people like you and Tidbits.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

semi.engineer

THis is is how I see it....

Manufacturers crank out phones and see how they do.  If well received, the price stays high longer and demand is there, so the phone gets long term support and updates.   The Turbo was not well received, the price dropped is less than 6 months, the demand was so poor, it became the forced phone upgrade for Early Edge customers, so Motorola cut it loose. 

Verizon on got stuck with a ton of Turbos, so they had to do something to unload them.   They should use eBay.  

They all do it.   Ever heard of the Samsung Galalxy Alpha?  Probably not.  It was an ATT only phone.  It came out September 2014.  Same size as iphone 6,  all metal frame, 32 GB onboard storage, 2 GBS RAM, 12 mpxl camera. Sold with Kitkat 4.4.4 upgraded to lollipop Out of the box.  Original price $650.  By January it was selling on ATT for $300, You can pick one up on eBay today for $200.  Awesome phone.  But it won't see another update. 

My rule is I wait 6 months. 

The first 6 they sell all the "hurry up and slap them together, we have a phone to launch" phones.  Software gets ironed out too.  If a phone is worth a darn, it will still be highly sought after and high priced.

In general, if you don't like waiting for updates, you must avoid carrier branded phones.  Certainly any exclusives like Turbo or Alpha which are the cellular equivalent of the Edsel. 

*** Verizon Customer Reps/ employees are clearly identified.