Update lg g4
Rhaerhae

Since the update my screen won't wake up at times. When my alarm goes off, the screen stays black and the only way to snooze it is to turn it over. Then I have to reset my phone so I get it to stop. The screen also randomly won't wake up throughout the day. And my kindle app won't update

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update lg g4
Ed10pe

Also having the same problem since upgrading the lg4 phone yesterday.  About half the time, the power button will not turn the phone on, and the only way to turn it on is by plugging it in.  Any solutions or suggestions?

0 Likes
Skypilot27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issue since yesterday's Marshmallow update

0 Likes
nlivingcolor

I am also having the same phone/power/screen issues with my G4 since updating it a few days ago. Is there a known fix for the problems this Marshmallow update is causing?

0 Likes
Aminda1392

I'm having the exact same problem.. A fix for this would be wonderful

0 Likes
Ed10pe

Found another thread where a user seems to identify the problem. The upgrade seems to have affected the proximity sensor at the top of the screen, which senses the screen protector and won't turn on. Don't know why it sometimes turns on and sometimes doesn't. But in order to be able to get the phone to turn on, I had to remove the screen protector. I see that the screen protector on my old LG had a cut out so that the protector wasn't covering the proximity sensor. I decided to see if I could cut a notch in my current screen protector so that it wouldn't cover the proximity sensor, but I can tell you from experience that that will not work! That's silly resulted in major cracks throughout the whole protector, and a jagged edge. Anyway, if your phone wont turn on and you're not near a power source, you can try peeling away the screen protector from the proximity sensor and it should turn on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are supposed to enhance the performance of your device; not hinder you from using the basic funtions. Let's get to the bottom of this for you. By update are you referncing a software update? You stated that you removed the screen protector and that seemed to help. Have you had any problems since?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ed10pe

It was a software update to VS98624C.  I never had any problems turning the phone on before, but a couple hours after the update I discovered that I could not turn the phone on using the power button. Also, although the phone would ring, the screen would not come on and there was no way to answer an incoming call. Similarly, the alarm clock would go off but again the screen would not come on and you could not turn the alarm off. The only way to turn it on was to plug it into a power source. Once I got it working again, it would usually turn on if I used the phone within a half hour of the last use, although occasionally it wouldn't. If I hadn't used the phone in more than an hour, it usually would not turn back on and I would have to plug it back in to reactivate it. The screen protector that came with the phone covered the proximity sensor. Since I have taken that off, I have not had any problems getting the phone to turn on.

You will see on a different thread that someone called woodhenge studios says he used some app to recalibrate his proximity sensor in order to fix his problem.  I'm not sure I would want to try that solution, but my taking off the screen protector and replacing it with an old LG g2 screen protector seems to have gotten the phone working again. The old screen protector is smaller, and does not cover the proximity sensor

0 Likes
MrsA518

Same here, except turning the phone over doesn't do anything. The only way to make the phone wake up is to remove the battery, or plug the phone in.  I also have the LG G4.  My screen shield used to interfere with the proximity sensor, but I've learned to live with that.

0 Likes
Skypilot27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ed10pe: Using your information about the screen protector I found the following regarding re-calibrating the proximity sensor. I do have a screen protector and the proximity sensor is covered. I followed the instructions at this URL,[Guide] How to Recalibrate Proximity Sensor | Verizon LG G4 , and have had no issues now for over 24 hours. I have tried it in various lighting situations from sunlit to pitch black. Would be interesting to see if this corrects it for others.

0 Likes