Update now message app won't show notifications
Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

After an update last night none of my family's phones will show notifications for messaging app it will give an audible notification but won't show on the top of my screen in status bar nor show on the app icon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update now message app won't show notifications
Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found a fix on my own go to settings then application manager go to all applications select message plus then uninstall updates you will not lose conversations but app will work

View solution in original post

Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ if that helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't imagine being without my text notifications . Lets dig deeper & get to the bottom of this. What kind of phones are you using? Are you getting notifications from other apps and functions of the phone?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are using Sony Xperia z3v both my wife and I. The notification will sound and display for like 1/2 a second then disappears all other notifications are off

0 Likes
Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turned on other notifications and they do work message plus still does not

0 Likes
jkriverside

I have exactly the same problem. Xperia v3 upgraded to lollipop now no message+ notifications. All other notifications OK. More correctly, the notification appears for a second then disappears.  the text is then marked as read.

0 Likes
Nhsmoker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found a fix on my own go to settings then application manager go to all applications select message plus then uninstall updates you will not lose conversations but app will work

RedWishDotCom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, that worked for me! But this is a temporary fix and the underlying issue with the update still exists. If the app has auto-update checked in the GooglePlay, then the next time it updates, it might cause the same issue again. Verizon should provide a fix.

0 Likes
RedWishDotCom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my Sony Xperia. When a text message is received, the audio notification rings and the unread message icon appears on the top of the screen, or a notification appears in locked screen mode, But that only remains visible for a second or two before disappearing. This means that if you did not hear the phone ring or it was on silent, you would not know just by looking at it that you had unread messages, meaning you could miss important ones.

Uninstalling updates works but this is a temporary fix as it means that users are now back to the base version of the app and lose newer features or bug fixes that have come through in previous app updates. Verizon should find a permanent fix for this.

0 Likes
jkriverside

Fix worked for me as well.  I lost all texts since Thursday when Lollipop update ran and had to reset customization but otherwise OK. I agree that this solution is temporary and we will likely go down this road again unless this bug is addressed.  Thanks for your information nhsmoker. 

0 Likes