Update
laceywaters
Contributor - Level 1

is it madatory I update to KITKAT and what are some pros and cons.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It is not mandatory but you will get a hounding pop up trying to get you to load it.

Pros:

Bug Fixes

New features

possible removal of some bloatware

Security patches

Cons

Low Battery life the first few days

Removal of features

Consolidation of features

Sometimes need to learn a new layout.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It is not mandatory but you will get a hounding pop up trying to get you to load it.

Pros:

Bug Fixes

New features

possible removal of some bloatware

Security patches

Cons

Low Battery life the first few days

Removal of features

Consolidation of features

Sometimes need to learn a new layout.

0 Likes
mommafrica

And is this upgrade good for the viewing of "home security camera surveillance systems?"

0 Likes
yMidnite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would check to see what problems others are having with their phone after updating to 4.4.2. I should have waited and done more research, my LGG2 is now something I am stuck with because I cannot upgrade the phone, I cannot revert back to Jelly Bean, and I cannot root it (cannot use it for work rooted) to put what I want. My biggest issue is battery life is terrible and I did all the fixes, that do not work. I even tried the Snapdragon Battery Guru: it did not help and it would turn things on when I wanted it off.

I would so much rather deal with the pop up then Kit Kat!

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

If your biggest issue is Battery Life, then you will probably be OK. New OS's on Android Optimize all of the apps, photos, data, music etc... to work more efficiently with the new OS. In doing so it does use more battery for a short amount of time (can be 7-10 days depending on what is on your phone) I updated my Droid Razr HD and had terrible battery life (would finish the day below 20% available battery left) and now that it has been a few days, I finish the day between 60 and 70% life left.

Also disable what you do not use. An example of what I disabled is below.

You will want to disable apps like these (if you do NOT use them)

Amazon Kindle

Amazon MP3

Backup Assistant (any version)

V Cast Apps

Facebook (unless you use it)

Google Play Books

Google Play Movies

Google Play Music

Google +

MOG Music

My Verizon Mobile

Netflix

NFL Mobile

QuickOffice

Slacker Radio

Slingbox

Smart Actions (this app does nothing to help you save battery and actually uses more battery as it is another app to automate doing things on the phone so while you are not doing the thing ont he phone, th eapp is so battery is always running harder then it should)

Swype

Verizon Video

VZ Navigator

Google Drive

Cloud Print

0 Likes