Upgrade Decisions
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Good morning all...

Two questions.

1.  I am within 30 days of my set contract end/upgrade date.  While Verizon said they were going to a "you can't upgrade until this date period" what, two years ago I think, are they in fact still allowing an upgrade if you are within the 30 day window?  Yes, I know, talk to any "official" Verizon member services rep and they will say no upgrade prior to date but they were telling me that back when it was still allowed.

2.  Despite a pretty exhaustive search I can't make up my mind betwen the Droid Turbo and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Anyone willing to add in their experiences?  I am upgrading from the Razr Maxx HD.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade Decisions
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The upgrade policy was different two years ago. Read the current policy. Verizon Wireless Upgrade Policy - Verizon Wireless Upgrade Eligibility

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The upgrade policy was different two years ago. Read the current policy. Verizon Wireless Upgrade Policy - Verizon Wireless Upgrade Eligibility

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Ah yes, that is the "official" write-up but are Verizon stores possibly allowing an earlier upgrade if someone is within days of that official upgrade date.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tk3765 wrote:

Ah yes, that is the "official" write-up but are Verizon stores possibly allowing an earlier upgrade if someone is within days of that official upgrade date.

You would only find out by going to a store and asking.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tk3765 wrote:

2.  Despite a pretty exhaustive search I can't make up my mind betwen the Droid Turbo and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Anyone willing to add in their experiences?  I am upgrading from the Razr Maxx HD.

Thanks

No one can decide for you.  And I'll say up front that I don't have either of these phones ... I HAVE played with the Droid Turbo in a store, though.

I would recommend going to a store that has working demo phones set up, and browse to a website, send a text message, play with a few apps... get a feel for how the screen looks and reacts to your touch.  The phones are uncomfortably tethered to their charging /security cords, so  it's hard to get a perfect feel for them, but you can get an idea.

The Note is bigger - maybe too big, maybe not.  Only you can determine that.  And as far as the specs go, prioritize your needs/wants - and see which one measures up.  I will say I liked the Turbo, a lot!

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Get the Galaxy Note 4. Better screen, better camera, better battery life. Also has Micro SD slot for expanding storage.

Turbo has a washed out screen, terrible camera even though they say it's "21MP" Megapixels aren't everything. 13mp takes batter than the 21. Battery isn't that great either, and capacitive buttons are ugly too.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I'd give you a but I appreciate the answer too much Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Back to suzyQ and firessafetybear:

Did either of you notice an issue with the new KitKat OS on either of the phones?  I know when I literally accidentally upgraded to it on this current phone  I had to all but call Terminix to get rid of the bugs and my phone hasn't worked properly since.

I was almost leaning towards the iPhone just to get rid of KitKat.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I didn't notice any problems with the OS on the Turbo I have played around with in a store. It seems like quite a nice phone. I even installed the available update on the in-store Turbos and they worked fine after I did so.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Lollipop will be out for the Turbo and Note 4 before the end of the year. 4.4.4 KitKat works amazing right now.

0 Likes