Upgrade from S4 to Nexus 6 two months early?
Clurrfitzy

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has served me well for the last (almost) 2 years. However when it upgraded to kitkat maybe 8 months ago, the battery life just tanked. Lately it's only gotten worse, and no matter what I have tried (closing apps in the background, replacing the battery, turning off GPS settings) the phone simply can't hold a charge longer than a few hours. I've been trying to hang in there as long as I can, but I'm at a point where I can't even go anywhere for extended periods of time without a charger because my phone will likely die while I'm out and about.

So, now that the Nexus 6 is out, I want to upgrade. However, I'm not due for my upgrade until May. I heard that Verizon allowed its users to upgrade to the new iPhone early so long as they were within a certain time bracket with their contracts. Does anyone know if Verizon would cut me a break on this? Obviously I'll just wait out the 2 months if I absolutely have to, but I've been very loyal to Verizon for a number of years and I would hope they would return the appreciation!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade from S4 to Nexus 6 two months early?
AZSALUKI
Legend

they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i would count on waiting 2 more months if i were you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they used to do it at the 20 month mark. not the case anymore. they've gotten real strict over the past 3-4 years about early upgrades. they did it one time when they first got the iphone, but i would count on waiting 2 more months if i were you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Clurrifitzy,  We want you to be able to enjoy both your phone and your services.  We know its not fun having a device with a draining battery.  I would love to see what options we can provide you to better assist.  I will send you a message to better help you.   YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
markperloe

DON'T. I have not been able to receive a call on my Nexus 6 for over a week. Verizon Wireless has no idea and doesn't seem to care. I'm told Atlanta FBI is without incoming call service as well.

0 Likes