Upgrade with Best Buy and get promo trade-in?
Sheptorious

I am planning on pre-ordering the Note 8, but I want to do so with Best Buy because they offer an additional $150 discount. However, when I put the pre-order into my Best Buy cart, there is nowhere to enter a trade-in option (I would like to claim the ~$330 dollar promo value for my Galaxy S6 Edge). I read somewhere that if you upgrade with Best Buy, you can still get the promo value by logging into My Verizon after activation of the Note 8 and selecting the trade-in there. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade with Best Buy and get promo trade-in?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If the Verizon trade for $330 requires you to get the payment plan or anything else then, to keep things as seamless as possible you should do it all through Verizon and that way it can be easily traced.

0 Likes
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered thru Best Buy. The Note 8 needs to be activated prior to trade-in and the fine print from Best Buy states to perform the trade in at vzw.com. I tried this and the site displayed an error every time I tried (every day since I received my phone early on Sep. 6). I asked a rep via chat what I should do. They said I should go to a Verizon store and ask them to process the trade. I went to the store only for them to tell me they couldn't process the trade since I bought the phone at Best Buy (I tried to explain it's a VERIZON promotion, but they stood by their word). I called Verizon Customer Service from the parking lot and they walked me through the process on the website again. It failed again. They asked, again, to have a store associate process it for me. This time, while phone rep was on speaker phone, the store manager processed the trade. I let the customer service rep go since the store manager assured me he now understood what needed to be done. Here's the tricky part. The trade was only processed for $190 - as a gift card. I was told not to use the gift card and he would 'take care of it'. Upon returning home, I called customer service again to let them know what ended up happening. They said this is actually what was supposed to happen - the value of the phone will not show the promotional value until the phone is received by the Verizon warehouse and verified to be in good condition. In other words, the store will need to ship my trade-in to the corporate warehouse and when they receive it, the $480 credit ($20/month over 24 months) will be applied to my bill. I was instructed again to NOT use the gift card. To me, they're making things WAY more complicated than they need to be and not having ANY confirmation of any kind that I will obtain the $480 credit - not even a receipt for the trade - makes me a little nervous. Curious to hear what other people's experiences were like.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone bgblktruck. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience trading in your phone. We should never send you to different places to resolve one issue. What phone did you trade in?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I traded in a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

0 Likes
BurlinskiBarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took me about half an hour last night but it finally went through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bgblktruck, thanks so much for letting us know what phone you traded in and explaining to us the process that you went through. Did the store manager indicate they were sending the phone in on your behalf? Did you get a trade in submission ID?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Tionna,

The store manager wasn't sure what to do, but said he'd "take care of it" for me. I was not provided with a trade in submission ID. Should I call him and ask him for one? If so, are there additional details I should provide as well? Thank you.

0 Likes
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi tionnab_vzw, I'm still waiting for a response from my last message. Should I return to the store to ask the manager if he can provide me with a submission ID, or are you able to track the ESN to determine if it's been shipped yet. Please let me know the next steps I should take to ensure the transaction will be processed correctly. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies for the delayed response, bgblktruck. We understand the importance of getting this resolved. Let’s see what we can find out. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so we can get started.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes