Use of Android Device Manager to get around locked screen
pfp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Several responses from Verizon support advise installing Android Device Manager (ADM) to get around a locked screen.  Makes sense - the app is loaded from the associated Google account which is itself separately secured.

I have installed ADM and it appears to be correctly installed, with a new screen on the phone.   The ADM web site shows the location of my phone. I can make it ring and display specific messages on the lock screen.  All good.

But what now?  Although the web site asks for a new password, the new lock screen doesn't have anywhere to type it in.  So, I am no further forward.  The documentation is very poor, but ADM seems to have worked for others.  Any thoughts?  How do you put the new password in to unlock the phone?

(Samsung Galaxy S4)

Peter

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Use of Android Device Manager to get around locked screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android Device Manager - Bypass Screen Lock on any Android Device - iFixit

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pfp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stated the problem rather clearly in my first post, but let me repeat it.

This is a very useful how to.  But, done all that.  The "how to" clearly says "Your current lock screen will be replaced with a password lock.".  That's my problem!  IT ISN'T The new screen has nowhere to put the password!  That's the problem!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I was reading that link before I posted it, it showed you change the lockscreen password from the website. Once changed, you should be able to swipe open the phone in order to display the password lock and enter the new password.

What exactly are you seeing when you swipe to open the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes