Using foreign CDMA phones on Verizon Wireless
lagmachine

Hi, I went to South Korea for an internship and was given a LG U+ Samsung Galaxy S2 from a relative. It is CDMA, and after looking at the specifications it seems like it should work on Verizon Wireless network. However I was told that non VZW branded phones will not work unless the ESN number is manually added so I'm looking for some clarification. I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section, but hopefully I can get my question answered. It would also be helpful if a VZW rep could chime in!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using foreign CDMA phones on Verizon Wireless
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

From everything I have read, you are correct.  Your best bet would be to take it to a store and see if they can activate it there.  Also remember, along with being a CDMA phone, it has to operate on the correct frequencies as well.

0 Likes
Re: Using foreign CDMA phones on Verizon Wireless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lagmachine and congrats on the internship! In reagards to using your device in South Korea, we would need to check the ESN to make sure the phone is compatible with our network. Additionally, you would need to activate service. Since we're not the carrier in South Korea, you would pay international roaming charges.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes