Using my phone as a WAP again (help me please)
DrNemra

I used to use my phone as a wireless access point through my WiFI network. I'd use the phone as a mobile hotspot through my own network to extend my router's range. My bedroom happens to be the furthest thing from the router. This worked fine without any problems until a recent Verizon update.

The update has made it impossible to use my phone as a mobile hotspot with WiFi on at the same time. If I turn on WiFi it disables tethering, and if I turn on tethering it disables WiFi. I don't know why this was done but can someone help me recover my functionality so that I once again can run both processes simultaneously and recover my WAP functionality.

My phone is LG K4 Lte verizon edition. I've even considered rooting it to circumvent this annoyance, but the phone isn't very popular it appears and nn one has bothered to root the Marshmallow version >__< (Android 6.0.1).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using my phone as a WAP again (help me please)
boringusername
Master - Level 1

A) I've never known a phone to be able to do both at the same time. My LG G4 can't do that.

B) You can't discuss rooting here.

DrNemra

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly not much help with my current situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to take advantage of this feature, DrNemra. I would suggest backing up your device and attempting a Factory Reset as this may correct the issue.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You cannot use your mobile phone as a WiFi extender. If you turn on Mobile Hotspot, you are using you data plan.

Sounds like you need to move your wireless router to a more central location or buy a wifi extender.