V20 mms suddenly not sending/receiving
EuroTechPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks ago, my phone stopped sending and receiving picture messages.  I've been using Google Messages.   I tried clearing the cache, then I did a battery pull, SIM and SD card pull.  It started working again for a few weeks.  Then stopped again. It gets stuck on "sending" and "message not downloaded".  Tried the same procedure, and this time it didn't help.  I tried a different text app - Textra.  Didn't help.  But if I revert to the LG Messaging app, it works fine.  I HATE the LG messaging app though. Google Messages is by far superior.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: V20 mms suddenly not sending/receiving
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EuroTechPaul, we want to ensure you can use your messaging app as desired. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. So that I can do so appropriately, I do need some additional clarification. Are you using the Google Hangouts app or the Android Messages app by Google LLC. Since Google doesn't have an app called Google Messages, I want to ensure we know exactly which application you're using so that we'll know how to troubleshoot that behavior. If you're able to attach a screenshot via these steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207779/ of what your Message app icon looks like, that will help a lot.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EuroTechPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies, I'm using Android Messages.  Screenshot_2018-05-11-09-03-48.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EuroTechPaul, thank you for the screenshot. I know how important it is to be able to send and receive pictures using the text messaging application you prefer to use. Don't worry. I am confident that we get this issue resolved for you. Have you tried uninstalling/installing the Android Messages application? 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EuroTechPaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, also cleared the cache.  As I've mentioned, only the native LG app and Verizon Message+ work. All others I've tried do not. 

0 Likes