VK81035A system upgrade problem
JudyH23

After vk81035a upgrade to LG tablet, books won't open in Kindle app.  What do I do to fix?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VK81035A system upgrade problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JudyH23,

Thanks for that detail. It helps a lot. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. The Kindle app is often factory loaded. First, make sure no updates are available for it in the Play Store. If an update is available, please run that update and try opening your books. If the issue still persists, please then go into the Settings>Application Manager>Downloaded>Amazon Kindle and choose the option to Clear Data. Once this has been done, restart the Kindle application and try to open a book.

Keep us informed of your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JudyH23,

System updates should enhance the device! Sorry to hear that this is not occurring. What make/model LG tablet do you have? What happens when you attemtp to open the application? Any error messages?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JudyH23

LG model VK8104G.  So far I've only found a problem with the Kindle app since the recent system upgrade.  I can access the library and store features, even make purchases, but can't open any books.  When I try opening some, I get returned to my tablet homescreen, others will open but only one page is accessed, which seems to be the last page. 

I believe the Kindle app was factory loaded so I really don't know how to proceed to fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JudyH23,

Thanks for that detail. It helps a lot. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. The Kindle app is often factory loaded. First, make sure no updates are available for it in the Play Store. If an update is available, please run that update and try opening your books. If the issue still persists, please then go into the Settings>Application Manager>Downloaded>Amazon Kindle and choose the option to Clear Data. Once this has been done, restart the Kindle application and try to open a book.

Keep us informed of your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes