Verizon 5G won't work with new unlocked Moto devices
PBBinSGF

Just purchased Mototrola One 5G ACE and Motorola Edge 2021 from Best Buy.  Motorola's site said both were compatible with Verizon 5G network.   Spent over 5 hours in Verizon store, 2 hours online chat, and over an hour with Tier 2 support.  All said it should be working on 5G yet it still does not.  The final answer I got from Tier 2 was that, "well sometimes unlocked phones dont work like they should and maybe the 5G network was just busy".   I spent over $800.00 for new phones for the 5G and that's the best answer I get.  Eceryone has said they should be working on 5G and they do not know why its not.  If i had known that they wouldnt work I would have just bought a couple of 4G LTE phones and saved $500.00.  

Support is ridiculous and takes way too long with "techs" reading from canned scipts.  I am very close to yanking my 5 lines from Verizon after over 28 years with them.  To boot I have to pay 2 $35.00 activation fees.   Ridiculous!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G won't work with new unlocked Moto devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no. that's never the kind of experience we want you to have. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G won't work with new unlocked Moto devices
PBBinSGF

Hello,

I dont know if its too late or not.  I have been away from my computer for the past month.  What information do you need.  6 weeks later and it still does not connect as 5G on either phone.

Preston

0 Likes