Verizon Cloud is a obsurd. I know why it has such a low rating
JMBAggravated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using Verizon Cloud has been a monumental mistake.  I promise if someone can help me get my stuff off of it, I will uninstall and never use again.  Here is what happened....  I ordered and received my new droid mini from Verizon.  Following their instructions, I downloaded the cloud to my old phone and backed everything up.  But when I downloaded the app, I had trouble signing in and it wouldn't recognize my password.  When I got up the next morning, Cloud was running and backing up my data.  I thought it was a glitch with my wireless signal in the house.  Then I called Verizon and activated my new phone and downloaded the Cloud app on it.  I can't sign in no matter how hard I try and I can't get any of my info from the Cloud.  Backup assistant has restored all my contacts, but I was hoping to get text messages, pics, and other stuff back.  I have seen through the forums that I am not alone in having problems with this two star app.  Any ideas.  Oh, I would call Verizon and see if I could get any help but decided to hang up after waiting on hold for 40+ minutes.  Ridiculous!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Cloud is a obsurd. I know why it has such a low rating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMBAggravated lets get your info restored so you can fully enjoy your new device! We truly apologize for the trouble with Verizon Cloud and connecting to Customer Service, but we're here to help! Fill us in on the details and we'll see what's causing the difficulty. Your Verizon Cloud sign in is the same as your My Verizon. Are you having any trouble logging in online? If not, I would recommend uninstalling Verizon Cloud and reinstalling http://vz.to/1moqGVh . Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twiiter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Verizon Cloud is a obsurd.  I know why it has such a low rating
JMBAggravated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ashley, If it was that simple, I wouldn't have posted this.  I really would have loved to call you and work it out, but no one I know has time to sit on hold for that long.  It seems that that is the idea to force people to use this forum for support.  This would be easier to explain by phone but obviously that is not a viable option.  I can't log into the cloud because I log into myverizon by using an account login and not my mobile number.  The cloud will not allow me to change that field and forces me to login by my mobile number.  Then it refuses to accept the password.  Actually it refuses to accept any password that I have used in the last ten years on anything that I have.  If you have a better suggestion or can reset a password associated with my mobile number I would be ecstatic!.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud is a obsurd.  I know why it has such a low rating
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JMBAggravated wrote:

... I can't log into the cloud because I log into myverizon by using an account login and not my mobile number.  The cloud will not allow me to change that field and forces me to login by my mobile number.  Then it refuses to accept the password. 

Are you on s shred account?  The account login is for one primary number on the shared account.  The other numbers have their own login, backup, purchases (ringtones, ringbacks) etc.

Try this - totally log out of myverizon.  Clear cache and cookies on the browser (or use a different browser), then REGISTER for a MyVerizon account using your mobile number.  Set a username and password, and then see if yo can access your cloud storage for your mobile number.

0 Likes
Verizon Cloud is a obsurd.  I know why it has such a low rating
JMBAggravated
Enthusiast - Level 2

SuzyQ, I appreciate you trying to help, but that isn't going to work.  I could do as you suggested and register for a new account with my mobile number, but how then would I link it to the data on the Verizon cloud from my old phone.  It would be two different accounts.  My number is the primary number on the account.  Thanks for trying..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMBAggravated,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with the Verizon Cloud. We want to make sure you get all your information restored. So you don't have to worry about waiting on hold, please send me a private message so I can reach out to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

and .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes