Verizon Data Usage Widget not updating (Droid Razr M)
krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey everyone.  Wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a small issue I am having.

Wife just got the Droid Razr M about 2 weeks ago.  So far she loves it.  But I am running into one small quirk I thought I would ask about...

More specifically, the Verizon data usage widget.  It is a great idea, especially since she went with the 2GB plan (she is not that heavy a user) but I still like the idea she can see right on one of the main screens what her usage is at any one point.

Here is the issue though.  The widget does not update until she clicks on it and it goes into the Verizon site.  When she exits out, the widget is updated with latest totals, but only if she goes through this step.

I know it only takes maybe 10 seconds for this whole operation, but it still seems the widget should update automatically.

Is there a setting I am not seeing?  Something I should adjust?  other thoughts?

I know this is not the end of the world or anything, but again I would love to have this quick reminder to reference.  If anyone has any thoughts let me know

thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Data Usage Widget not updating (Droid Razr M)
B33
Legend

The best way to get the Widget to updated or to refresh it and the way i do it is too Simply shut down the phone or you can Power cycle it Press the Power button + Lower Volume toggle at the same time for 20 to 30 sec.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

krubby wrote:

.... Verizon data usage widget.  ... The widget does not update until she clicks on it and it goes into the Verizon site.  When she exits out, the widget is updated with latest totals, but only if she goes through this step.

Is there a setting I am not seeing?  Something I should adjust?  other thoughts?

I don't think you are missing anything - it works the same way on mine, and I've just gotten used to hitting it when I want to check current usage, then exiting.  Or checking the other phones on my account to see how they are doing... I do like that once I do open the app, I have access to all the lines on my account to see where they are data-wise.

Automatically updating the total would be useful, but I do not see a way to get it to refresh other than to open it up...

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

The best way to get the Widget to updated or to refresh it and the way i do it is too Simply shut down the phone or you can Power cycle it Press the Power button + Lower Volume toggle at the same time for 20 to 30 sec.

Doing it your way, B33, takes more time than simply opening the widget... it then updates and shows current usage.  No need to shut down the phone or power cycle, just open the widget....

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best I can remember, the widget has behaved that way ever since it was updated not long after the Share Everything Plan was introduced.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think it has to do with the way Verizon tracks data now.  It's not a constant update, so the widget needs to be refreshed to force the update of the data usage.  IDK, something like that.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's what i'm kind of thinking as Well Demmo..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your right Tiki as the way it's been after those plans came out ( But it's behavior has been somewhat of an up N down case long before that I remember having some issues with it when i had it on my Incredible and my Droid X it would work great for a spell Verizon would update it and in the toilet it would go and you would have to Uninstall it. They update it again and it was back to working like a charm till the next update..

0 Likes