Verizon Edge + Grandfather plan = ...?
Ashli_D

I have an old version of a Verizon Plan, my plan has unlimited internet and Verizon no longer offers this plan. If I were to upgrade my cellphone then I would lose my unlimited internet, and I cannot do that.

So my question is, does the Verizon Edge count as an upgrade on my pre-existing plan? How does that work out?

Currently I have a Droid 3, I know, so retro right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge + Grandfather plan = ...?
Not applicable

You must pay full price at time of sale. To keep unlimited data.

If you do the Edge Plan you are losing unlimited data.

So choose carefully. That unlimited data is Gold!

Now if money is the issue, edge spreads your purchase over 20 months. However your data is now tiered/shared/metered and you may be paying overages

Good Luck

rcschnoor
Legend

You cannot keep your unlimited data when entering into an Edge agreement. You will lose it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Wish I said that

Oh wait I did.....

0 Likes
Bevier
Enthusiast - Level 2

KKeep your old plan with unlimited data.  I'm very sorry they talked me into upgrade.  You can purchase a new phone at full price.  Trust me, this is the best option.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Of course, this is COMPLETELY dependent upon your data usage. For some it is the best option. For others it is not the best option.

Bevier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, it is an invaluable asset.  That is why they/no company offers this any longer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I think T-Mobile and/or Sprint would argue the validity of your statement as would many on these forums who like to point out that "other" providers offer unlimited while Verizon does not.

0 Likes