Verizon I need an answer...why my Galaxy S4 is a brick since I updated to lollipop!!!
kappa00073

Verizon ever since I upgraded to Lollipop on my Galaxy S4 it will not connect to wifi, even if I am in the same room as my router, and if it does connect the signal is to WEAK to even check email.  It also keeps dropping mobile data where I can't make or receive phone calls unless I restart my phone, sometimes 10-15 times a day.  It over heats when charging, and when I use any app for more and 5-10 minutes.  The phone worked great with KitKat, no connection issues at all!  I have read the forums and see other customers are having the same problems, what's the deal Verizon, are we getting Lollipop 5.1.1 to fix these issues or what?

I have build number LRX22C.I545VRUGOF1

I have tried resolving the issues like everyone else on the forums and still no luck, putting phone in safe mode, resetting my Verizon router, clearing the cache partition, factory resetting the phone, forgetting the Wifi  network, cycling the phone on and off, putting phone in airplane, and everything  else you read about on this forum and every other forum. Yet my phone still has the same issues

If Verizon can't help, does anyone else have any helpful hints?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon I need an answer...why my Galaxy S4 is a brick since I updated to lollipop!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kappa00073,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing on your device since updating. My last recommendation would be running a software repair if you have not yet done that. The best tool to repair an OS for samsung devices is Kies 3: http://bit.ly/1zLG0Gm

If you still don't have success, then you'll be looking at replacement. To go over those options, we'd need to have you contact us using a secure option. Here are some methods of reaching us eithr through phone, chat, or social media. http://vz.to/1IczeM5

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon I need an answer...why my Galaxy S4 is a brick since I updated to lollipop!!!
bellyroll
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had all the same issues you have been having since my update in May and my phone just did the newest update you are speaking of and nothing has changed or gotten any better! Nothing I tried fixed my phone either and it was the best phone I had when it was running KitKat. I was told by verizon themselves that the "older" phones are not capable of handling all the software updates and that is why I keep having issues. My choices are upgrade to a new phone for hundreds of dollars since I'm not due for a new phone for almost another year or pay $175 to get out of my contract. My issue with a replacement is....its the same phone with the same updates and not able to handle them!  This is verizon's software problem not mine. I pay a lot for phone each month and I want one that works ALL the time. They should be offering a new phone, or newer one that is capable of the handling the updates. Giving me the same thing is not an answer and not good customer service.  I wish I had a better answer for you but I have gotten no where at all. Good luck

0 Likes
kappa00073

I have tried everything on your trouble shooting page and Kies 3 and still no luck.  I don't have my phone loaded with apps and have even deleted them systematically after installing update and then even did a factory reset and still nothing worked.  Samsung keeps saying me its a verizon issue and you guys keeps saying it's a Samsung issue.  Can you please just work out a fix??  I love my S4 and don't feel I should have to buy a new phone because your upgrade messed up my phone!  I mean why should I be on the hook for a new phone when it seems that every one on these forums with an S4 is having these same problems!!

0 Likes