Verizon Messages sync deleted messages I need
girlinatardis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded from an LG Lucid to an HTC One M8 and also have a Samsung Galaxy tablet. On my tablet, I used to be able to delete messages and it wouldn't adversely affect anything on my phone. I did that today, and without my knowing it, my phone and tablet were synced and everything I deleted from my tablet deleted itself from my phone, though I actually needed it on my phone and not on my tablet. Is there a way to retrieve these messages? And keep the two connected but not delete messages on the other device? It's kind of a huge inconvenience.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages sync deleted messages I need
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying all the other aspects of your new phone, girlinatardis. Verizon Messages is meant to provide you a great way to syncronize your messages over multiple devices. Do you have the Verizon Messages application installed on your new M8 or are you also using a 3rd party messaging application? Did you save any of the messages on the phone before deleting them? (VerizonMessages App>Settings>Save Messages)

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
girlinatardis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm only using Verizon Messages, and I thought I had my phone set up to automatically save and sync to my Cloud, but apparently it didn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@girlnatardis,

Thanks for the clarification! You can use the Verizon Cloud to back up your data so this doesn't happen again in the future. Visit http://vz.to/1gEuy5K for complete details.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes