Verizon Messaging App does not download MMS Attachments over WiFi
tess0052

I just got a Galaxy S5, and I ended up using the Verizon Messaging App as it was the first one I opened. So far I really like it, but it seems to not like downloading MMS messages when I am on a WiFi network. I get a lot of MMS messages as I work in EMS part time, with audio attachments that I need to receive. I understand the MMS attachemtns will NOT work over WiFi, but I would like to be able to switch over to Mobile Data and still download the attachments. My primary workplace has NO Mobile Data signal, and I rely on WiFi at work. Once I leave work and am able to connect to Mobile Data I want to be able to then download the MMS attachment. Right now that is not an option. Is there an update that will either fix the ability to download the MMS attachments when on WiFi, or give me the ability to download them once I am back on Mobile Data? As of now I cannot do either, and therefore am unable to get the MMS attachment at all.

Also, I have set custom notifications for a few of my contacts in my address book. These notifications are not being applied by the Verizon Messaging App. I can set custom notifications per conversation, but once deleted, they go away. Will this app eventually pick up the preset custom notification selection from my contact list?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging App does not download MMS Attachments over WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your Galaxy S5, tess0052. I want to ensure you don't have to worry about missing an important MMS attachment. With the recent update to Verizon Messages, this included the ability to use WiFi for MMS. Have you checked if there is an available application update through the Play Store?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
his1987

I have the same problem and my Verizon Messages app is up to date. If I uninstall it, how do I get to my messages with the Samsung messages app that works?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

his1987 if your S5 is anything like my S4 then the MMS messages need a data connection to get sent. They will not send over wifi.  The stock messaging app needs an open data connection to work however it will use no data while the messages are sent and received. The messages will only be counted against your texting plan.

0 Likes
his1987

I had an S4 and I used the Samsung message app. Had no problem with MMS

over Wifi. I also now have no problem at all with Google Hangouts. Works

just fine over Wifi.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I got Google Hangouts with the KK update but have not activated it as I don't need it. My MMS files are sent and received just fine from everyone with a data connection.

0 Likes