Re: Verizon Not carrying Nexus 6
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your correct as the comment reads :  In addition to T-Mobile and Sprint, AT&T and U.S. Cellular will also carry the Nexus 6, and the phone can work on Verizon as well, though the nation’s top carrier apparently won’t sell it in stores.

droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

Probably a good thing they are not selling it in stores at&t and sprint are overcharging for it by $50 t-mobile is matching motorola and googles price so verizon will probably $150 over the advertised price.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's set higher to STOP people from buying it and moving to another carrier.

T-Mobile advertised price is that you are a customer. If you are not planning on starting new service you have to buy a prepaid card... priced at $50. Oh and that 1 month of service is $50 when you start.

FYI I am a T-Mobile customer and played this game a few times with them.

Tidbits
Legend

Makes you wonder why Verizon doesn't bother at this moment to give dates. Look at the fan fair T-Mobile is getting and soon to be Sprint and AT&T...

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/11/nexus-6-launch-delayed-by-t-mobile-until-1119-thanks-to-failed-motorola-delivery/

Sometimes it is actually better to keep your mouth shut. Looking at Twitter, Facebook, and G+ majority of users are blaming T-Mobile for the delay.

0 Likes
OnlineTechDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll just wait for the official release date on Verizon, I have my money ready, we already know it's coming, just a matter of when, probably the last to get it.  But my HTC M8 is doing well for me until then.  I'm on Edge, so I can upgrade anytime (I know how much I have to pay to upgrade a little early).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Tidbits did you see this: It looks like the phone is now Available through this source:  I wonder for how Long though

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/11/nexus-6-now-available-for-pre-order-at-att/

0 Likes
Cincybearcatfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4 lines at VZW all smartphones. I've been a loyal customer for 13 years. I really get tired of how they hold back on and limit devices.

I bought a 32GB Nexus at motorola.com. If Verizon blacklists it or for any other reason it doesn't work on their network, me, my 4 lines and my $283/month will make the jump to AT&T. With their "bring your line" discount promotions it's an easy choice to jump.

If you are monitoring these forums VERIZON hear your customers.

0 Likes
Cincybearcatfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read that. I believe that it WILL work now. I don't trust VZW to not blacklist the IMEI and block it from their network. If they choose to NOT sell the device in their stores and online. Who cares. I just won't get a subsidy. No biggie. What I can't understand is blocking the phone from their network if the bands are supported.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

considering TMo has pushed back their roll out and i don't believe at&t has said when it will ship, i'm waiting for a bit until other carriers ACTUALLY sell the phone, before i question why verizon isn't. i mean, i won't be surprised if verizon is late on this, or doesn't sell it in stores at all, but as far as i know, i can't go anywhere right now and purchase one, on any carrier. i believe some have started pre orders (i haven't really followed the carriers and dates), but when i start reading about pushing back dates and when it was next to impossible to get at launch from google play, i'll wait until other carriers actually have it in stores before i frown upon big red.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I ordered mine through Motorola. I have an estimated deliver date of Dec 2 and I ordered it when Motorola started to offer through their website.