Verizon Saying they haven't received my trade in
selden91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is stating they haven't received my trade in. 

UPS says they delivered it. 

When I called Verizon in addition to not being helpful, eventually they said they would put in a ticket "accelerating the issue". 

It's been a month and I'm getting emails saying I'm losing my promotional credit. 

Did they just steal my old phone?

Re: Verizon Saying they haven't received my trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Selden91! We understand the situation of your trade in. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

>Alex

0 Likes
poohdini11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received trade in offer from Verizon to upgrade my 12pro for 14 pro on them. $1,000 trade in value. I accepted the promo on my 12 pro, received the new 14 Pro in mail. Instructions were to drop off my 12 Pro at the store.  I visited the store 1729 N Victory Pl Burbank, CA 91502 within my 30 days of phone drop off window. The store denied my drop off, "due to my order being done online and can't finding it", they directed me to drop off my Iphone 12 pro with Fed Ex, they gave me  a printed Fed Ex label along with a box to send my phone in. 

With my iphone 12 pro packaged I dropped it off,  during this period I received text messages from Verizon saying that if If I didn't drop off my phone I would be forced to pay $1,000 for the new phone.  In my worry, I proceeded to call Verizon Agent over the phone, who not only verbally confirmed that my phone had been received by verizon, I also received a text message stating so.  Now in the next billing cycle, I am not receiving the promotional credits as promised and am forced to pay the $1,000 for the 14 Pro. Not only did Verizon steal my old phone I am being forced to pay for the new monthly bill payments on 14 Pro.

becz05

I am  also in the same predicament and am so exhausted after 11 months of this! Traded in my phone in 10/2022 and have the  UPS tracking and it says it has been received and I have been told anything from: we never received it, we received it and the box was empty, to we received it but there were air pods in the box. I was then told I didn't have the correct tracking number and they told me a tracking number of a label I never received. They even made me go to a Verizon store to have a manager call and confirm that I used the UPS label they sent (I showed the Verizon email). The manager confirmed and they still refused to confirm they received the phone so that was a complete waste of my time. The customer service person even called myself and the store manager a liar and that I had a non-verizon tracking label, yet was confirming in person that it was sent directly from Verizon. The store manager said the store level now has no power to deal with billing and he was apologetic this was happening.  My promotional credit of $800 was removed from my account and they now charge me every month for a phone they have. I have spent hours and months trying to resolve this and their scripts and talking in circles is maddening. I'm so disappointed with what Verizon has turned into. I cannot get transferred to anyone with a role that can fix this so I found this thread hoping someone can help. Who has Verizon outsourced their customer service to and why is this new system so toxic to their customers? 

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@becz05 
They will continue to give you the runaround - hoping you just go away exasperated.    They have no intention to help you resolve this.    I spend hours and days and weeks.

Good Luck!  Come back and let us know the outcome.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!