Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon Saying they haven't received my trade in
selden91

Verizon is stating they haven't received my trade in. 

UPS says they delivered it. 

When I called Verizon in addition to not being helpful, eventually they said they would put in a ticket "accelerating the issue". 

It's been a month and I'm getting emails saying I'm losing my promotional credit. 

Did they just steal my old phone?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Saying they haven't received my trade in
jennk1
Novice

@selden91 

Yes, in effect they did steal your phone - and they have a pattern of doing the same to countless other customers.   It took me MONTHS to sort this out - calls, online chat feature, message boards private messaging, etc.   Each time the customer service agents were clueless about their own system and gave conflicting information or made empty promises.    

Don't waste another moment giving them a chance to make it right - they won't - and you will be wasting your time.

I finally got results when I escalated to the FCC.   Within a couple days a very nice and knowledgable gentleman from Verizon's executive office called me.   He listed to my situation, UNDERSTOOD what I was explaining and resolved my problem with the missing trade-in credits.   

Submitting a complaint to the FCC is super simple - and it will likely help others in this same situation by documenting a pattern of abusive practices - hopefully Verizon will get their act together!

FCC Complaints

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Saying they haven't received my trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Selden91! We understand the situation of your trade in. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

>Alex

0 Likes