Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant.
tae111

Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant pretty much disables my phone when it is connected to my computer.  I often connect my Galaxy S 9 phone to my desktop computer with a long USB cable. When I do this the phone becomes pretty much unusable because the Get connected screen keeps popping up even if I'm in the process of doing something on my phone. This issue is fairly recent as I have done this for years with all my phones and never had the problem. So far I haven't found a way to turn this off. Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Glad to hear you're updating your phone, tae111. I am here to help. Have you tried using a different USB cable or USB port? Have you also tried updating the phone directly as shown here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-216677/ -Lorenzo

0 Likes
tae111

It's not really the act of updating. The phone is up to date. The problem is as long as it's connected to the computer the Verizon Software upgrade assistant is always on. If you pick up the phone and open it there it is. If you do something like check a message it will go to messages and then the Verizon assistant will pop back up while you are trying to read your messages. In order to use the phone without it constantly being intrusive you must first unplug the phone from the USB cable and close the app. This is a fairly new issue as I have had all my phones over the years plugged in like this with no problem. I have good WIFI and 4G and never needed to plug my phone via a USB cable to accomplish an update. In fact I have never done that for an update ever. Whatever software program that is I don't need it and is something that just gets in the way. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the additional information. To clarify, is this a Software Upgrade Assistance, for Samsung, LG, Motorola, or another manufacturer by chance? When you load it up, does it say it is a Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant or for one of the manufacturers? I am asking as I am seeing them for manufacturers, and am attempting to look up one that is directly linked to us. *Gert

0 Likes