Re: Verizon  *****!!!
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I remember the whole AT&T deal, the been on the hunt for a long time,, suncom, cingular, and so on until it was just them, now they cant catch up. and they still do not have good coverage around my area. Verizon does have a good coverage area regardless of 3G or not. I have service just about everywhere I go, even the country areas. One time the actual VZW store area did not have coverage! It was something to do with the airport and it was fixed promptly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Cingular actually purchased AT&T Mobility then renamed themselves AT&T.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here in Hawaii there was a bidding war for GTE(they had County funding to deploy their network in Hawaii) Verizon won and Verizon has the best coverage in Hawaii and it was honestly due to the purchase. I was a GTE customer since it's inception to now(which is now Verizon). On a funny note... My mother was still using a Nokia 5160 with an old GTE plan (60 minutes, first incoming minute free) until 2 years ago when I bought her a phone and moved her into our family plan.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

i used to love that phone, I had the 5160i i think, I thought about putting one in service for my son

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe those can't be activated anymore. The GSM versions can by swapping simcards as long as you use the regular instead of the micros

0 Likes
Re: Verizon terrible!!!
Ausername30000000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, Verizon is an evil corporation run on greed and money

0 Likes
Ian621
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah, NO.  I did have Sprint for 2 years and they never ripped us off the way Verizon has.  This is a horrible company.  Shady, lying incompetent billing dept.  Run, don’t walk away!  Yea VERIZON terrible

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes