Verizon Wireless update
Nanna20
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning I received a notification that Verizon provide a phone update. What was this update about.  No description was provided.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Wireless update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the update documents, it was a security patch released on 12/18/2015. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting and meant to improve the experience on your phone Nanna20. What make and model phone do you have? Did the message include the name of the softare update attempting to download?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
somercamb

Hi MichelleS_VZW and @VZWSupport,

First off, please respect the poster's question. I find it offensive and insulting one's intelligence by attempting to placate the poster/customer with corporate speak like "Updates are exciting". Just respond professionally and appropriately.

I installed a Verizon update  yesterday thinking it was android 6 (it is not; I still have android 5), but cannot find any info on the update. I have a Samsung s5. Please explain this update in detail.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Somercamb

I love getting new updates on my device. The software update for the Galaxy S5 will help optimize device performance, resolve some known issues and apply the latest security patches. Check out this link for more info: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
somercamb

Thank you

To confirm, it is only a security patch ?

When is the s5 getting android 6?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the update documents, it was a security patch released on 12/18/2015. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
somercamb

When is the s5 getting android 6?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Samsung. They are the ones writing the code not Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Late Q1 to Q2 is the anticipated wait, although don't count on it coming that soon. Samsung will need to finish spinning up their version of Marshmallow, then Verizon and Samsung need to test the image, and then Verizon needs to approve and push the update. The delays tend to be at the far end of that process, with Samsung Factory unlocked phones rolling out months in advance Smiley Happy

0 Likes