Verizon backup
bretdean60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know how to completely disable Verizon backup, and erase all backup info on file with Verizon. Backup continues to backup contacts I've deleted years ago that no longer exist, and duplicates contacts over and over and over! I don't want this feature at all! I have approx  250 valid contacts but thanks to Verizon backup, it has duplicated and added old contacts that now total over 1700 contacts and still continues to duplicate current contacts. Please help. Would love Verizon to wipe my backup info and leave my phone alone! Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wow what a nightmare! Have you gone in to My Verizon and chosen the little blue arrow under Manage My Device? Once you do you will see Manage Contacts. Lets go in there and delete everything that is in there. Once done go into your settings and applications and force stop backup assistant or the cloud (depending on your device and services). This should take care of it!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wow what a nightmare! Have you gone in to My Verizon and chosen the little blue arrow under Manage My Device? Once you do you will see Manage Contacts. Lets go in there and delete everything that is in there. Once done go into your settings and applications and force stop backup assistant or the cloud (depending on your device and services). This should take care of it!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bretdean60
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW....that really makes sense, never thought of force stopping this app!....I'll check it out and post back if successful, thanks very much for the info. I'm really hoping i won't have to delete one by one manually, because of course I have several friend who has changed their numbers one twice three times ...and when Verizon backup kicks on, up it backs up all the old non working numbers too, so I'm sure it'll take some time to ensure I'm deleting the old tel numbers rather than their most recent number (should just delete them for changing their tel #s so much lol). This too has been a nightmare, and still continues. Cloud does the same thing, duplicates pics even when I selected do not save duplicate pics etc....i had to remove the interface program on my computer from syncing and downloading from my phone to computer it got soooooo flippi g stupid. Yes, even with the "do not save duplicate photos" set, that cloud saves the same photos over and over, and ran me up to 25gb of pics, charged me for more space (before they began giving us 25gb of space)....and the majority of pics are duplicated anywhere from 3-8 times, now i must delete each duplicate pic manually and hope I do not erase a pic thats the only original. Again, nightmare!!! I love this droid maxx but I think my next phone will be the htc one m9, place all pics on an sd card (up to 200gb) and pop the card in my computer for download instead of remotely with motocast or whatever its called...anyway enough babbling.....thanks again very much for your help!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Change all of your contacts to Google Contacts and let Google do an accurate backup of them.  Then on your phone go to settings>apps>and find the one Backup Assistant and or VZW Cloud that will allow you to Disable it.  Then to be sure go on to the computer and delete all of your contacts from their cloud.

bretdean60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, actually it makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the info!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also disable Cloud Sync and any Verizon app with "sync" in the name.

bretdean60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do, thanks. I've selected what I want cloud to backup, never selected contacts because Google will install them when changing phones, going to get the HTC one m9 and buy a big GB SD card which is so much easier. There are hardly any phones that have SD cards anymore....it just works easier for me, pop it out and dump them (photos) in the computer, put them in a folder, erase and I'm done. That Bluetooth over the air sync with the phone and computer caused massive duplicate photos even when I selected not to add duicate folders.....freaking Verizon , then they want more Money for more cloud space (phone) they did then, guess now we get 25gb free....anyway thanks very much for your reply and info. Sounds like this may very well work. Have a good day!

Snn5
Legend

I have never had issues with just plugging my phone into a PC and having it read like a flash drive to manage the SD portion of the internal memory on my phone which has no SD slot.

0 Likes