Verizon only interested in huge phones?
DannoDapter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see numerous posts asking for Samsung Mini phones and they are available elsewhere.  I don't understand why Verizon would abandon this market. These threads go back 2 years of asking.  If there is a current thread with a real response I missed I did not find it on search and would appreciate a link or search term.  As I see family and co-workers upgrade their phones they all look like they are walking around with tablets held up to their heads and sometimes using 2 hands to take a call.  I personally think this is impractical and somewhat rediculous.  Yes I see the screen is amazing and all that but I can't be the only one that wants a smaller smartphone.  I do not carry a purse to carry it in.  The only way I could carry one of these would be to just have in my hand all day.  I work around machines and this would present a danger for me.  Verizon reps have answered these other posts but with scripted answers.  None of them have actually explained why they do not have the phones or if they will be coming.  Clearly they have not broken ties with Samsung so what's the problem? Is the demand really so low for these?  They still carry "dumb" phones thank goodness otherwise my Mom would be without a phone she could handle. I love my S4 mini but right now if it breaks or I want to upgrade I have no choice except the DroidMini and storage is way too limited.  I have a 64GB card in my S4 which works great to have all my music along and I need my phone for work and take lots of pictures for my job.  The cloud will not help me on this. So Verizon, how about a real answer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon only interested in huge phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We pride ourselves in having the latest and greatest devices available to our customers DannoDapter. The reality is, we can offer Samsung manufactures and those devices have yet to create. This link is a great way to get breaking news on new device launches: http://vz.to/1LgeRPm
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Money talks and it is saying people buy the bigger phones. Samsung and the other manufacturers are the ones deciding whether or not to build smaller phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I imagine the demand isn't very high. The overwhelming majority of people are leaning towards wanting bigger phones since they are doing far more on them then they ever were. Not sure if you can get one that you like that's unlocked and will work on Verizon but it might be something worth checking in to.

DannoDapter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize I am in the minority but not alone. Samsung does in fact have 2 newer versions of their "Mini" line that are just what I want. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm sure you're not alone but again if the demand isn't high there is no motivation. You can see if those devices you are interested in can be activated on Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannoDapter,

No one likes scripted answers when trying to find out about a product or service. I am here to address your concerns with us not carrying a variety of mini or smaller devices. We strive to provide our customers with the best device lineup available. We definitely listen to our customer's feedback when choosing what we want to offer in our lineup. We do care about the customer's who enjoy mini devices, which is why we wanted to offer the Droid Mini in our lineup.

Although, we do offer newer devices that have a slightly bigger screens, they still can fit in your pocket. From our Apple iPhone 6S, with a size of 5.44 to our newest Samsung Galaxy S7 with a size of 5.61. These two devices are only a 1/2 inch bigger than your current device the Samsung S4 mini and will allow you to still take amazing quality of pictures and listen to your favorite tunes. Sounds awesome right?

DannoDapter, if you happen to go with one of our newer, slightly larger devices, we do offer cases that you can clip to your side or pouches that will allow you to carry your device at work without the need to hold it in your hand. Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me. I want to make sure I get you the best response possible.

KatrinaNNN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

In regards to mini-sized phones, Samsung's last mini was the S4 on Verizon and S5 on AT&T.  The Droid Mini was released almost 3 years ago.  ~5 inch screens are the norm for Samsung flagships now and small screens like the Droid Mini's at 4.3 inches can only be found on smaller, usually less-capable phones that you might not find will stand the test of time and advances.  The Samsung Core Prime is a fairly low budget 4.5 inch and LG Lancet is in the same budget boat with a 4.5 inch display.

Of course, the iPhone 5/5S are small screen and small form factor, but that's a different OS altogether.

As far as size and purses and carrying....there are always cases like the Otterbox Defender, which yes, add bulk, but are sturdy and the belt clip/holster is usually pretty durable, especially around industrial environments.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some options that are 5 inches or less available whether or not you are willing to purchase them is up to you. Samsung Galaxy Core Prime | Verizon Wireless HTC Desire 626 | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DannoDapter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying.  Don't get me wrong the new phones and their displays look amazing and all that and I have looked at a lot of dimensions of a lot of phones.  I don't want the belt case/clip as it gets caught on things and I am around machinery a lot. I do appreciate the suggestions.  I do understand business is business and if demand is too low it's going to go away. 

The one thing you did not say/address in your reply: Does Verizon have any intention of carrying a newer Samsung? S5 Mini or S6 Mini ? Or is that market going away.  It looks like there may not be even the Droid by the time I can upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We pride ourselves in having the latest and greatest devices available to our customers DannoDapter. The reality is, we can offer Samsung manufactures and those devices have yet to create. This link is a great way to get breaking news on new device launches: http://vz.to/1LgeRPm
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes