Verizon screws the prepaid plans
Nauntie00

Apparently I shouldn't have loaded my prepaid card a few days early. Verizon took my $40 and is now holding me hostage to pay another $40. I tried calling the customer service numbers provided and it's an endless loop of automation and then it says "we're sorry your having trouble" and hangs up. I am not the only one with this issue. It's all over the internet. They seem to target us prepaid planners. This aggressive approach to try and force people to make auto payments is outrageous. I buy a new prepaid card every month. They're still getting the money, so why the horrible business practices? I travel abroad A LOT, so I don't want to be tied down to any plan. It's just one more thing I have to cancel when I leave the country. So step up to the plate Verizon and take CARE of ALL of your customers. 

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

0 Likes
Re: Verizon screws the prepaid plans
Nauntie00

If you're a prepaid customer and haven't yet figured out how to reach a representative, here's how you do it:

Go to payment history>click chat>Type in your issue>it will only give you options about a payment, but type in Representative and it will give you options to speak to an agent

I spoke to Zoe and she was very friendly and helpful. We were able to figure out the problem (I must admit, the issue was my fault), and now I'm up and running again. 

It still shouldn't have taken all of this for me to reach a rep to figure out what was going on. I wish Verizon would treat all of their customers with respect. Prepaid or not.

0 Likes
Nauntie00

Just to let you all know, Customer Support did reach out to me to look into the issue after seeing my post. I'm glad to see they are responsive. So don't get frustrated, reach out, and hopefully you will get the same customer service I did. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First and foremost, thank you for sharing your feedback. It's greatly appreciated. We also thank you for sharing your customer service experience with one of our prepay team members. We always work to assist our customers. As a friendly reminder, our Prepay Team can be reached by phone at 888-294-6804 and following the prompts provided.

We also offer several offer other options to contact our Prepay Team through our "Contact Us" options at http://spr.ly/6605yRhmh. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Nauntie00

Thank you for your response. I must reiterate that the customer service number does not get you to a representative. The only options I got were automated and gave me no option to speak to an agent and even says at one point "I'm sorry you're having trouble. Goodbye." and hangs up on you. That is where the frustration lies for many of us. If you can fix that issue, then it would solve a lot of these posts... 

Again, thank you for being so responsive. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you get the help you need with this. You can contact our Social Media team at, Facebook.com/Verizon and we can take a look at your account. You can also reach out to us on Twitter @VZWSupport. Let me know if you get in contact with us on Social Media.  
- Javier

0 Likes