Verizon visual voicemail, sending "STATUS" text messages
Lankmaster9000

When refreshing the Verizon visual voicemail, my phone sends a text message from me to 900080006200 that reads "STATUS". How do I prevent this? When the app refreshes itself on its own, this does not occur, only when forcing a manual refresh. I have the Nexus 6 phone.

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled, with no improvement.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon visual voicemail, sending "STATUS" text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lankmaster9000,

This certainly is an odd issue! There are couple of variations of Visual Voicemail. Could you please confirm which one you have? Click to view the different options, if necessary. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-comparison/

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Lankmaster9000

It is the basic visual voicemail Version 3.02.06

0 Likes
VCURamEngineer

I'm seeing the same behavior.  Same phone, Nexus 6, and same version of VVM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lankmaster9000!

It sounds like there may be something going on with our system internally. Please send me a Direct Message, so I can get some additional details and help insure this is resolved.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CJModz

I just installed Visual Voicemail on my Nexus 6 today and it sent the STATUS text message to 900080006200, too. Have we come up with a solution yet?

0 Likes
Lankmaster9000

How do I send you a direct message?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  michelleh_vzw

0 Likes
Lankmaster9000

It says that michelleh_vzw and I are both following each other but it still refuses to allow me to send a message. It says we have to be following each other.....but we are.

This is more than frustrating, I just want some help on my problem, not mess around with Verizon's mess of a website.......

Please help!

0 Likes
coastiedan81

I'm having the same issue. Message to 900080006200 from me after I got a reminder about visual voice mail..

I use a nexus 6...

Any answers to this problem yet?

Should I direct msg?

Thanks in advance for any help...

0 Likes