Visual voicemail app won't work MOTO g7
Paul_461

I just purchased a MOTO G7 Power from Verizon. I am not able to set up the visual voicemail app. After opening the app and waiting I get an error to call customer service and report error code 9009. I have mobile data turned on with service, the wifi off, I have cleared the apps storage and did a force stop, restarted the phone. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail app won't work MOTO g7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your MyVerizon account online list the visual voicemail feature added to your line? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Paul_461

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and basic visual voicemail is a feature of my plan and is active on my number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paul_461 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and basic visual voicemail is a feature of my plan and is active on my number.

Just because you have verified that your line has basic visual voicemail on it doesn't mean the issue you are having opening the visual voicemail application was solved. Verifying the feature tells me there is a disconnect between the phone and the Verizon Wireless server that stores the voicemails. To correct the problem, you might need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and ask them to reset your voicemail feature from their end and then while you are still on the phone with them setup the visual voicemail application to confirm it works properly. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't live without my voicemail Paul-461, it keeps me connected. I am sure it is the same for you. We will get yours working. Can you please disable Wi-Fi? Are you able to browse the internet or use an app successfully? We are standing by.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Paul_461

I have tried it with the WiFi off and I have good cellular data and can browse the web.

0 Likes
Paul_461

Screenshot_20190729-192054.png

0 Likes
Apollo23

Looks like the problem with  upgrading still exists I have the same problem with my phone which is the Moto g7. I get the same error message.

0 Likes
CJBKM
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Visual Voicemail is a premium service for $2.99 /mo per line
You can use your My Verizon App to see if your enrolled in Visual Voicemail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CJBKM wrote:

The Visual Voicemail is a premium service for $2.99 /mo per line
You can use your My Verizon App to see if your enrolled in Visual Voicemail.

There are two versions of the visual voicemail for VZW branded Android phones. One is the basic visual voicemail which is free and the premium visual voicemail which has a monthly fee. 

0 Likes