Voice mail settings
FillD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot believe that this has turned into such a huge problem! After spending 2 hours online with Verizon, NOBODY there knows how to fix this ONE issue!

I'm simply trying to turn on the "date & time stamp" on my voice mails. The user guide says to sign in, press 1, then press 5. Pressing 1 tells me there are no voice mails, so I press 5 but nothing happens. I just want to hear the date & time announced before each of my messages, so why won't it work? Thank you for your help.

Re: Voice mail settings
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@FillD 

Very good question, another good question is why doesn't Verizon Customer Support help let alone work? Just saying... Good Luck!

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FillD wrote:

I cannot believe that this has turned into such a huge problem! After spending 2 hours online with Verizon, NOBODY there knows how to fix this ONE issue!

I'm simply trying to turn on the "date & time stamp" on my voice mails. The user guide says to sign in, press 1, then press 5. Pressing 1 tells me there are no voice mails, so I press 5 but nothing happens. I just want to hear the date & time announced before each of my messages, so why won't it work? Thank you for your help.

Which phone model do you have? Which voicemail service are you using? Basic non-visual voicemail, visual voicemail, or something different? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SaltyS21U_User wrote:

@FillD 

Very good question, another good question is why doesn't Verizon Customer Support help let alone work? Just saying... Good Luck!

This community is primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. While there are Customer Service reps that roam this community, they generally prefer to give the first opportunity to the other community members to answer questions and provide suggestions on how to use the network or the devices. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern with your voicemail settings. We would be more than happy to help. Please PM us, so we can assist. 

*Cassandra

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sad to hear you feel this way about our support teams. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out via a Private Note for assistance.

*Bee

0 Likes
FillD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann,

I don't think that my phone has anything to do with the date & time stamp on my voicemails. Anyhow, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A42 and I think that the phone should show an icon letting me know if I have a voicemail, but it doesn't.

Thanks for your reply

0 Likes
FillD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Cassandra,

How do I PM you? I spent 2 hours on the phone with a rep and I got nowhere. My issue is simple: Tell me how to turn on a date & time stamp on my voicemails. "Back in the day", the voice used to at least say the time when the voicemail came in. I had 4 voicemails last week from 2 weeks ago. 

Thanks

0 Likes
FillD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Bee,

America is tired of the runaround we have to put up with when your automated system won't connect us to a live representative that speaks and understands English and can handle our situation. Spending 2 hours and being put on hold numerous times is not acceptable! When I was an installer, we knew what we were doing, and the customers appreciated that. I guess it will never be like that again...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to customize your voicemail options and appreciate your efforts thus far, FillD. Voicemail options may change depending on your voicemail set up. To set the date and time to automatically read out before your message, you would turn on your envelope information. When you call into your voicemail, listen to the prompts for settings. Then choose  Personal Options > Administrative Options > Message Review > Envelope Information. Let us know how this goes.  -Danielle

0 Likes