Voice-mail step by step please
Freiheit8
Enthusiast - Level 1

1st. time smart-phone user today: Downloaded the 152 page "ZTE Blade vantage" User manual, but do not understand How to set-up Voice-mail step by step, please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice-mail step by step please
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is for the basic non-visual voicemail option. Set Up Voicemail | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Are you using teh same number you used on your other phone? If so there shouldn't be anything to set up

from the manual

Set Voicemail

1. Touch the Home key >  >  > Settings > Call settings.

2. Touch Voicemail to configure voicemail settings.

> Touch Service to select the voicemail service provider. Your carrier is the default.

> Touch Setup to view the voicemail number.

> Touch Sound to select the notification ringtone for new voicemails.

> Check Vibrate to enable vibration for notifications

Freiheit8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you using teh same number you used on your other phone? If so there shouldn't be anything to set up

my response: This is my FIRST-ever cell phone, so No I have never set-up anything before. And the reason I asked for step-by-step.

from the manual

Set Voicemail

1. Touch the Home key >  >  > Settings > Call settings.

There's no such item listed as " Call settings. " on this phone, is it under a different name ?

Nor can " Voice-mail " be found anywhere under "settings", which is why I posted my question to begin with.

Do I need to return to the Walmart where it was bought ?

They should be making these contraptions... more user-friendly,

The only reason I reluctantly agreed to buy a cell-phone in the 1st. place, was for my job.

Other than that I would never have a cell-phone.

So someone please help find the Voicemail settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is for the basic non-visual voicemail option. Set Up Voicemail | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Freiheit8 wrote:

my response: This is my FIRST-ever cell phone, so No I have never set-up anything before. And the reason I asked for step-by-step.

from the manual

Set Voicemail

1. Touch the Home key > > > Settings > Call settings.

There's no such item listed as " Call settings. " on this phone, is it under a different name ?

Nor can " Voice-mail " be found anywhere under "settings", which is why I posted my question to begin with.

Do I need to return to the Walmart where it was bought ?

They should be making these contraptions... more user-friendly,

The only reason I reluctantly agreed to buy a cell-phone in the 1st. place, was for my job.

Other than that I would never have a cell-phone.

So someone please help find the Voicemail settings.

You said it was your first ever smartphone. "1st. time smart-phone user today". So you could have had a basic flip phone prior.

When hit press the phone icon in there isn't a icon that looks like 2 circles next to each other with a line underneath? Not sure how much easier you think they could or should make it? Just trying to help. You response was bit snarky.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Freiheit8, congratulations on your first smartphone! I understand that this experience may be quite an adjustment, and I know how important it is to be able to use voicemail. I am confident that we will be able to navigate this process together. As Ann154 had pointed out, the following link is a great resource to utilize when setting up your voicemail: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-14613/. Please call *86 from your mobile device and follow the prompts accordingly. After you have completed the steps as shown in the guide, please keep us posted if this resolves your voicemail setup issues.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes