Voicemail APP wants to download visual, I can't get the old app
HRICHMAN333

Hi all, when I open the voice mail app on my droid, the screen that appears says welcome to visual voicemail.  If I continue and decline the terms and reopen app I get the same thing.

I don't want visual voicemail and I like using the app as opposed to calling.  So my question is, how do I get the app to work like it used to.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail APP wants to download visual, I can't get the old app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application is only for Visual Voicemail. If you have only the basic non-visual voicemail, you need to use the dialer application and call into the voicemail system. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CRITENOUR49

You never use to it was under apps. The same happened to.me..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
HRICHMAN333, we want to get things back to the way that it use to be on your device. Visual Voicemail lets you view voicemail messages you receive and listen to your messages in any order on your devices. You can scroll through your messages, pick the ones you want to listen to, and erase or archive them right from your device's screen. Visual Voice mail is $2.99 per month. Did you subscribe to this feature from your device? Click the link below for more details regarding this feature:

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
CRITENOUR49, let's explore the best options for your voicemail app. What happens when you try to use your voicemail app? When did this start? What phone do you have?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrichman333

I don't want visual voicemail.   My voicemail app used to work like this; I would open the app and I would see the phone numbers that left a voicemail, I could then chose what voicemail I could listen to.  Verizon changed my app.  I want my old app back.  How do I do that

0 Likes
mrichman333

CRITENOUR49,

It started several days ago.  I opened my app and it says welcome to visual voicemail, tap continue to start using visual voicemail.  The app used to list the phone numbers that left a voicemail and I could chose what voicemail I could listen to.  I want the app back like it used to be. I have a Motorola Droid MAXX 2.

My husband is having the same issue on his Droid Maxx

0 Likes
mrichman333

Ann154  I have not had to dial the voicemail system for years and I don't want to start.  Is this just a way  for Verizon to get more money out of me? Is that what you are saying?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mrichman333 wrote:

I don't want visual voicemail. My voicemail app used to work like this; I would open the app and I would see the phone numbers that left a voicemail, I could then chose what voicemail I could listen to. Verizon changed my app. I want my old app back. How do I do that

The method you just described as using was the visual voicemail. There are two types of visual voicemail. The free basic visual voicemail and the premium visual voicemail. Both of them use the Visual Voicemail application to access the system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe what you need to do is add the "Block premium visual voicemail" to your line. You can still use the free basic visual voicemail, but it won't bug you to sign up for the premium version anymore.

0 Likes