Voicemail has the wrong time zone time stamp
wamom

My voicemail has the wrong time zone time stamp.  I have checked the settings and the phone is set up to the right time zone.  It is just the voicemail that is off 3 hours. Does anyone know how to fix that  issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail has the wrong time zone time stamp
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your MyVerizon account online, is your service address set up for your home location? This can be a different address than your billing address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing how recently your voicemail is received is crucial, wamom. We're on the case. Ann154 provided a great suggestion, and we just want to explore all possible causes. To clarify, is the recorded time stamp you hear when listening to voicemail incorrect? What make and model phone do you have?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEHOUTZABE

I am having a similar, if not the same, issue as wamom.

My phone number area code is from Idaho (mountain time). I live in Eastern time and have since September 2016. My billing address is in Eastern time. My service addresses are in Eastern time (for me) and Pacific time (for my son). Before the voicemail service change the time stamps on my voicemail were correct, they were in Eastern time. Since the voicemail service switch they have been in Mountain time. I would love to know the way to resolve this. It's frustrating to have to remember to make the time change calculation every time I listen to a voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can only imagine how frustrating that time change calculation must be, Kehoutzabe. Let's ensure we find a solution. Does this happen for all voicemails no matter where you're located? Does your son have the same issue as you? How do you access your voicemail (visual voicemail app or dialing into the automated system)? Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KEHOUTZABE

Hi Anthony,

Since the voicemail service provider change, yes it happens to all voicemails regardless of where I'm located. Previous to the voicemail service provider change, my voicemails always had a timestamp that corresponded to my location regardless of whether I was in Mountain time or traveling in another time zone.

I checked with my son, he does not have the same issue (but his area code matches his physical location - so that might be a factor)

I access my voicemail by dialing into the automated system.

Do you need any further details?

0 Likes
EKIM_LUCKY

I'm having the same problem on a LG Exalt phone.  It also happened after the voice mailbox changed I was forced to do a few days ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your issue is properly looked into. Can you please verify your ZIP Code so we can take a closer look?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EKIM_LUCKY

Zip code is 88007.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate your help with this and we get to the bottom of this voicemail issue. No current alerts in the area. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to your voicemail settings and adjust some settings? Have you tried to power cycle your device off and on?

0 Likes