Voicemail message info; can I bypass this lengthy, useless stuff?
teambergie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I call voicemail from my device, I have to listen through all this info about the message I am about to hear. This is information is not important to me. Is there a way to eliminate this, or at least bypass it and get right to the message?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail message info; can I bypass this lengthy, useless stuff?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off the envelope options.  To hear it on demand, press "5" during message playback and you will hear it played.

View solution in original post

bdaczar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm following this, too.  Verizon?  Response?

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you change your personal options.  It's normally number 4 at your main menu.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/VM_Instructions_3.pdf

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off Envelope options (that's what gives you the date, time, phone number,etc of the call.)

0 Likes
transplantwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need the envelope info. Spent an hour getting it back. but "4" no longer works to bypass the info when I don't need to hear it again. How do I BYPASS IT?

transplantwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calll into your voice mail, follow options for administrative options for envelope infomation and turn it off, IF you NEVER want the info. I'm looking for information on how to BYPASS the envelope info, as I need the full info often to backtrack a call.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off the envelope options.  To hear it on demand, press "5" during message playback and you will hear it played.

transplantwest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contacted Tech support as was having other with Verizon. (notice how this happens) who was VERY helpful, but couldn't get what I was saying. But she did direct me back to the shortcuts for voice mail page which I eventually figured out.

Solution was to turn "OFF" the envelope option from the admin menu. Then hit "5" to hear envelope info when needed. I was asking the reverse. (Envelope info "ON", then 4 to bypass)  Much more efficient process this way.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad you got it sorted out.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rickhz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I wished I had searched this out sooner. With all the spam I've been getting in my voicemail I have been wasting an incredible amout of time listenting to all the useless info Verizon set as the default.

0 Likes