Voicemail message notification
Jbmarcum

My voicemail number for new messages has not changed since I activated the device.  I have 20 saved messages, and no NEW messages.  Yet, it continues to show that I have 6 new messages, and the number has never changed.  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail message notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jbmarcum!

Hmm, your issue is very interesting. Let's gather some information so we can find a fix. Do you have Visual Voice Mail or Basic Voice Mail? When did this begin and what model Android do you have?
ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jbmarcum

Christina,

I have just basic voice mail which is why this problem is so perplexing to

me. I did check today for messages, and at least the date showing updated

to two days ago instead of March 10 as before, but it is still showing I

have 6 new messages. I have a Samsung SM-G360V, Galaxy Core Prime with

Android 5.1.1. Any ideas?

Judith Marcum

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbmarcum, thank you for clarifying which type of voice mail service you are currently utilizing. I would like to attempt some troubleshooting to see if we can get it working properly. Have you had the chance to power your device off and on since this issue began?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jbmarcum

Yes, I have powered off my phone and then turned back on. The date

showing in the voicemail window updated, but it still shows I have 6 new

voice mail messages. Just checked it this morning and I had 1 voicemail

message, not 6. Not sure what is possibly going on.

Judith Marcum

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 1:49 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
nikkeeze

The same thing is happening to me.  I have a Galaxy S5 and I cannot even use my visual voicemail,  I have to dial it on my phone to listen, the error message states that my voice mail is full, yet I don't have any voicemails. I just realized that this has been going on for about 15 days.  My voicemail greeting was gone as well.  I have shut down my phone, stopped Google, cleared everything, etc. There is no excuss for this to happen,  we pay a lot of money for these phones and services.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nikkeeze, We will work together to solve this. You said this started about 15 days ago, had you updated software or added any apps about that time? Is anything else not working right? Is your software updated? http://spr.ly/6588BicNe
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hydrophobia12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Probably the software update. Check your current software on the phone. Settings> about phone (or something like that)> software

What number does it have? If it's 6.0.1 or 6.0. It's the software update.

0 Likes
nikkeeze

I have check my phone for all updates and it was updated as of March 4th at 11:01 am. 

0 Likes
nikkeeze

0 Likes