Vortex hosed
dispikable

2 vortex phones on 2 different lines, both replaced in first 30 days and now the same issues are arising on the phones again. I am 60 days into my re upped 2 year contract and Verizon customer service just basically told me I was {word filter avoidance}
to get any kind of new phone other than the same model that clearly has issues. I feel that this is a bit chincy and feel like I got shafted on this one. Sad thing is I was out of my contract before I got my Vortex!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vortex hosed
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Often it is easier for a rep to just replace a phone instead of solving a problem.  So first, I would try to get help from other people either here, with Verizon tech support (and don't stop at the bottom) or LG.  Most issues have been discussed everywhere.  If you can't solve the problem that way, you will have to accept replacement phones.  But there should be a reasonable limit--one or two is probably not it--but I personally wouldn't go over three. AFTER you are unable to solve your issue any other way, discuss with someone at Verizon who has decision-making ability to go from there.  Replacement after replacement is simply not an option.  

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Also, all phones will have issues--that is the nature of computers; But that doesn't not mean you shouldn't have suitable resolution.  But since smartphones are more advanced, it takes a little more work to use them.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

look for a common connection. are you putting in the same sd cards (that may be corrupt)? are you using the same batteries (that could be bad)? are you both loading the same app or apps in the new devices (that could've caused the problem on the old ones)?

0 Likes
mgtjr

Verizon, as of today, is sending me a fourth replacement phone.  So far none have been able to find "North" on any app that uses compass points.  I guess it's easier to send replacement phones that don't work than fixing the problem or offering me a different phone.  I'm very sorry that I got a Vortex.  Should have just stayed with my old flip phone and just made calls and sent text messages.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The compass app on any phone really depends on a lot of things.  Signal strength, GPS availability (depending on application being used), etc.  There is no actual compass inside the phone.  It is all digital.  Are you having any problems with navigation in general?  The compass generally works best when you are traveling and not stationery because it needs movement to detect which way north is.  This is from my personal experience working with multiple Droid phones (Thunderbolt, Samsung Fascinate, Droid 2, and Droid X).  

0 Likes