Watch out New customers once they have you under contract its over lol
Bret00

I have been a verizon customer for over eight years, I got the motorola droid back in November and shortly after that I had multiple phones! the second phone they sent me they said was a brand new device since it was within thirty days and they were sure it would fix all my problems...  or so they say...Well it didnt the phone they sent me was stuck in 1x network and would never switch over into 3g network, I know I am in a 3g coverage are and they verified that so they then sent me out my third device and from there it started getting really bad because the device they send out after thirty days are refurbished phones so I trusted their word and only had the phone about a week and I started getting multiple messages over and over, people were thinking that I was sending them the same message 3 or 4 times they were getting it when I had only sent it once so I called their tech support I went through all their trouble shooting and they came to the conclusion that it was a bad device! lol so they sent me another refurbish droid this one right out of the box was having trouble I had no sound the phone wouldn't ring it wouldn't alert me when I had message so I again called in and spent another hour or so with the tech support trouble shooting and they came to the conclusion that it was a bad device too! and to make a long story short I am now on my 6th droid I have had problems from day one my sixth droid has been freezing up on me so I called into tech support again!! and they have concluded its also a bad device I then became upset because I had been patient up to that point but I was sick of replacing all these phones because I have to setup the whole phone all over again. I have spent the last 3 and a half hours this morning on the phone with them I told them I'm sick of all the replacements that I have been through and would like to get into  a different phone.  the rep at the verizon store said I was a merrits customer because of the high price plan I was on and since I have had so many devices I would qualify for a multi fru program but I had to go through customer service.  So I called them and they were gonna switch me from the motorola droid to the droid eris! I told them there is no way im going from an upper end device running droid version 2.1 back to an older device that is still running version 1.6 I told them the rep at the store told me I would qualify for the multi fru but the customer service, I would also like to add that the rep helping me hung up on me cause she said she cant help me I told her I have been patient and have done everything that customer service had recommended and I asked them if they would finally switch me out to another device like some of the previous technical service reps said they would do after I tried just one more droid and this just went on and on so I been talking to them this morning about possible to switch me out with a similar device which would be the incredible running 2.1 and the full retail price on the phones of both the droid and the incredible are the same price so they would not be out of any money by sending me an incredible but they say they are just going to send me another droid so this now makes droid number 7.  and the fru program they said I would qualify for all of a sudden doesn't exist any  more and I am no longer a merrits customer cause they did away with that program too this is pretty sad verizons customer service has gone down hill bad I am not reffering any more friends or business owners I know to Verizon its sad that after all the money I have paid them for their service this is how they treat their customers!!!!  If there are any reps  out there reading this that want to resolve this problem like your recording on your hold music says you will email me this has been going on for 6 months and is getting old!!!!!

{edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Watch out New customers once they have you under contract its over lol
gpa111

Sorry to hear about this, and I'm sure that plenty of people would agree with you. What I would suggest is that you go directly into a store, if you have not already, and explain it to one of the CSR's, I tend to have more luck in store than on the phone.

0 Likes
droid_user_123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree with what you are saying!

I am now on my 6 Motorola DROID.

Everytime I call in, they say they can't do anything for me and they always give me the 'go-round'.

This replacement, which I just received two days ago has significantly less coverage than the last, and people can't hear me at all. A customer service rep says this may be because the battery is dead. Dont get me wrong, I am all for them fixing my phone, but HELLO, the same battery was working just fine in the last replacement, so I don't see why it wouldnt be for this one?

So, today, I took the time to email Lowell Mcadam. I'm awaiting a reply as of right now, and if they say they can't do anything for me, I will leave Verizon.

MsJulie
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my area there is a call center for verizon support.  It however, is not a verizon company.  I think verizon ought to know what kind of service people are receiving from these call centers.  It reflects badly on the company.  I'm not making excuses for verizon but I do know that I have always had great service from actual verizon stores.  The people in the call centers don't care what you think about verizon.  Verizon's not paying them!

0 Likes
droid_user_123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for this information, MsJulie.

I was unaware of this. Still, though, I live in a very rural area and to get to a Verizon store that actually does the replacements and such, it takes over an hour.  We have something called Tri-County Wireless, which is Verizon basically, but they do not do replacements or any type of technical examinations of the phone. So, really, my only option is to deal with the Call Centers. The individuals you speak to over the phone for Verizon Customer Support, in my opinion at least, do not need to be working as customer support reps. Sure, I belive some of them are nice and helpful, but the majority of them are rude, insensitive, and are not willing to help you at all.  I can understand why some of them are rude, but still, whenever someone calls in and is having multiple issues, they shouldn't automatically deny that individual of any options as far as their wireless service goes. I hope in my email to Lowell McAdam, he realizes how bad of a repuation his company has received due to these "reps" and the phones he's selling.

0 Likes
MsJulie
Enthusiast - Level 2

droid_user_123 wrote:

Thanks for this information, MsJulie.

I was unaware of this. Still, though, I live in a very rural area and to get to a Verizon store that actually does the replacements and such, it takes over an hour.  We have something called Tri-County Wireless, which is Verizon basically, but they do not do replacements or any type of technical examinations of the phone. So, really, my only option is to deal with the Call Centers. The individuals you speak to over the phone for Verizon Customer Support, in my opinion at least, do not need to be working as customer support reps. Sure, I belive some of them are nice and helpful, but the majority of them are rude, insensitive, and are not willing to help you at all.  I can understand why some of them are rude, but still, whenever someone calls in and is having multiple issues, they shouldn't automatically deny that individual of any options as far as their wireless service goes. I hope in my email to Lowell McAdam, he realizes how bad of a repuation his company has received due to these "reps" and the phones he's selling.

I know some people that work at these call centers. (Not friends....people I know).  They have no business working in any customer-service related field.  I have had problems with them several times too.  I'm 98% sure that when you call 611 you are calling these call centers.  Good for you for sending an email.  More people should speak up.  No company can make it without customers and the key to a successful business is good customer service. 

thatoreogirl

I had the same problem with them before.  They don't want to give you a new phone that just came out, even if it is the only one that is capable of the things you had.  I'm about fed up with verizon's phones though, the devour is having just as many problems as your having with your droid.  It get's annoying swapping phones out Verizon!!!!! 

0 Likes
droid_user_123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following up with my email I sent Lowell McAdam, I was contacted by a lady from the Executive Relations department on Tuesday. However, I missed her call and I didn't get to speak with her until today.

I told her all of my problems, and we spent over an hour and a half on the phone deciding what my options were. Every option she offered me, I could have got from Customer Support in half the time. She was very nice, and she is suppose to contact me again tomorrow to let me know if she could get the switch from the Motorola DROID to HTC Droid Incredible approved. However, there are terms to this "negotiation." I have to resign a 2-year contract, and I have to pay the $300 for the phone, but I will get all of my money I paid accredited back. Unfortunately though, she said there is still a chance that I wont be approved to go to the HTC Incredible. /:

So, to you guys having issues with your phones... Don't write an email to Lowell McAdam, it's a waste of time. Fill out a complaint on planetfeedback or my3cents, apparently whenever you post on that site, you get much faster replies.

And to anyone reading this thinking I'm a horrible person, get yourself a DROID. You can't even imagine the nightmare I have had with this phone, and I'm sure you would understand if you were in my situation.

Keep me updated if you do decide to leave a complaint, anyone.