Weather widget no longer supports "current location"?
steffiel

I just have a quick question regarding the Weather widget since the 2.1 update. I had issues with the Widget crashing and followed the steps on here to solve the problem (clear the cache/data, etc).

Since then, the widget has worked fine, however I found that there is no longer the option to add a "Current Location" or select your location from a map - you can only choose from a list of select cities.

Is this feature no longer supported since the OTA 2.1 update, or is it just my phone/widget? If it's not just me, that really stinks! I liked the option to add cities based on my location, especially if I was too far from the city option I was given.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weather widget no longer supports "current location"?
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Try a battery pull while the phone is on, if not, you may have to do a factory reset(available in the settings under private).

PLEASE be advised this will wipe all your info except for the 2.1 update. You have to backup whatever you dont want to lose, sync your contacts with google too...Hope this helps

0 Likes
colfrmb

The new weather app that came with 2.1 is not as pretty as the Weather Channel app, IMO.  The resident app doesn't seem to update based on location.  Although I checked "auto refresh" and I will check it when I leave this area.

0 Likes
AGALJJNC8

Good evening, Try the following suggestion from another person earlier. I tried it and it did correct the problem.

Al

"I have resolved the program.  Under Home, Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications - I cleared all data associcated with the HTC weather applications and this has resolved the problem"

0 Likes
jamie81386

I tried to clear the cache on anything that said weather under my applications and all of them were clear.  I still cannot get on the weather app....any suggestions?

0 Likes
raphy79

Go to settings

Go to Accounts & Sync

Make sure Background data and Auto-sync are checked off.

Scroll down and make sure your weather app is still there and has a green circle next to it.

Tap on the weather icon and make sure "Sync weather data" is selected

0 Likes
Lovelilady

I tried both of your suggestions, and I still can't get my GPS to work, and emails keep sitting in my outbox.  What a worthless update!

0 Likes