What did the upgrade do to my ability to send text messages?
Bonstance
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the update pushed to my Galaxy S4 this morning and now I can't send any text messages via Messaging or via Hangouts.  What did that upgrade do?  Not having the ability to text is more than just an inconvenience.  Help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What did the upgrade do to my ability to send text messages?
Bonstance
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was online Chat with Samsung for a while regarding my problem of not being able to send any texts post the update.  They weren't aware of any issues.  Eventually I was receiving texts but still unable to send any.  Somehow Google Hangouts started working again (after a reboot?) and I could send from there and I would see the messages in Messaging but Messaging still said "unable to send message" and wouldn't even let me type any text.  After clearing data, cache, going into Safe Mode, many restarts, etc.....I am still where I was.  Google Hangouts works and I can text from that (thankfully) but Messaging is still BUSTED.

0 Likes
Re: What did the upgrade do to my ability to send text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bonstance We want all of your text messages to work properly. We apologize for any issues which might have occured since the update but I'm sure we can get this resolved. Please disable wifi and/or bluetooth and then power the phone off. Once the phone is off, remove the sim for 1 to 2 minutes and reinsert. then retest.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes