What do i pay insurance for? Wth kinda scam is this
Sekoner

I bought a HTC desire612 black 8gig last year October retail price of 300$ ...regrettably it broke screen cracked and unusable , I paid the what 8$ a month extra for insurance and I made a claim to get a new phone. And I have to pay a 100$ deductible really? Now this is where it gets good first I pay it anyways cuz I need a mobile to work ... Then I find out my model says it's discontinued...OK? So I have to pick from a list 2 discontinued only one available the HTC desire 626 .... At a retail price of 192$... SO LETS DO THE MATH , 8$ A MONTH FOR INSURANCE FOR THE LAST YEAR = 96 + 100$ FOR DEDUCTIBLE FOR A TOTAL OF..... 196$ SO NOT ONLY DID I PAY AN EXTRA 4$ FOR THIS BUT I GOT A DIFFERENT MODEL PHONE I WASNT INTERESTED IN , IN A COLOR I COULDNT PICK AND JUST LITTERALLY ROBBED OF MONEY FROM A CORPERATION ,WHAT KINDA BUSINESS ARE YOU PEOPLE RUNNING .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What do i pay insurance for? Wth kinda scam is this
Tidbits
Legend

Assurion sets the prices. That's how insurance works. There's other insurance providers and they also have a deductible for mobile. Honestly insurance is only good for the first year at most at full retail price. After that there is generally a price drop which in turn devalues insurance.

tcad
Contributor - Level 1

A) Your insurance is from Assurion, not Verizon

B) You didn't pay attention when buying the insurance if you didn't know there was a deductible charge.

C) Insurance is a roll of the dice. If you had broken your phone the first week you had it, you would have only paid $8 plus the $100 deductible and received a replacement $300 phone. I don't think you would have felt bad for the insurance company.

Sekoner

A. Verizon offers their insurance not to mention on checkout they were the only option therefore making them affiliates and sharing the blame.

B. I could care less about paying a deductible in general but one that high while insurance fees I've paid covered half the phone anyways and it puts you over the retail value added to the deductible that's just messed up

C. Who breaks their phone in a week I didn't pay for insurance to be like oh man I hope I don't smash my phone in the first week no. It's when I become lax and used to carrying it that I forget it's place and then something might happen  , I can understand accidents happen and I think it'd be justified to charge a higher deductible for a time length like one week lol... but to try and justify it by saying its a roll of the dice is just being ignorant to the fact they're overcharging and they're getting away with it because people just roll over.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then you need to bring that up with the underwriter not Verizon. The underwriter sets the policies and prices Verizon doesn't.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also even at checkout they give you that option however there are multiple insurers out there. They are not your only option.

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, OK, one more try:

You paid them $96 for the year. You broke your phone at one year and they paid $92 (along with your $100) for your replacement phone. So, they made a grand total of $4 in that year insuring your phone. How are they overcharging and how were you robbed again?