Choose your cart
My backup plan is as follows.
1) I changed all of my contacts to google Contacts and let Google back them up (this is how Androids are designed)
2) I back up all of my photos to Google Photo's
3) I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore for my text messages (SMS Backup works great as well).
I do NOT use Verizon Cloud to back up anything for the below reasons:
1) I like my contacts in tact as I enter them and Verizon Cloud will mess these up at some point.
2) When you have a Major OS update, it seems like Verizon Cloud always deletes some contacts and you need to go in and undelete them then sync to get them to work
3) Way too many sync issues which cause the phone to run in circles and deplete battery (this does not happen too often but enough)
4) I like to be able to restore these items to a new phone if I should get one and Verizon Cloud sometimes makes this difficult