What do you think? Less hype on phone=the better phone?
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Droid Razr hasnt gotten much buzz but the HTC Rezound has and I dont know why.  Verizon had a pre order for Droid Razr on Oct 27th and I've been diligently reading my google reader/RSS feeds on various categories and much news have came from Samsung Galaxy Nexus & the HTC Rezound.

However since at least Oct 29th I've maybe seen 1 specific news article talking about the Droid Razr.  Now I've already made my pre order, I do find the Razr being just slightly (if not a bit more) better than the HTC Rezound but still that just seems odd.

Pre order Razr but no pre order for Rezound but again;  higher buzz for it.

LOL heck Motorola just announded a new Xoom 2 for their tablets but again not much for the new cell phone.

So as the subject says; do you think the less buzz about a device perhaps the better long lasting service it will provide?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What do you think? Less hype on phone=the better phone?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not at all, the amount of support, etc. a phone gets depends on how high-end it is at release (the GNex, Rezound, and RAZR would all be considered flagship phones for their respective OEMs) and how well it sells.  Personally, I have probably seen as much about all three phones as any other on the sites that I follow.  When you get to the dev community level, you will probably see more buzz about the Rezound because HTC phones tend to be more friendly in that aspect, but that has no bearing on Verizon's level of support.  My point here is that, at this point, there is no way to tell how well any phone will be supported and you should base your purchase on which one fits better for you and, of course, do your research.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
phillybama1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quad core Smartphone...amazing. 6 years ago they were just getting them into computers. Wow.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha yeah. What's next?  I don't do anything daily on my PC that requires quad-core much less on my Phone.  And if HTC is "rumored" to be putting in an 1800mAH battery, that probably means it should have a 2500-3000 battery :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

Looks like the hype machine is about to blow up

http://www.bgr.com/2011/11/08/htc-edge-to-lead-the-smartphone-pack-with-quad-core-cpu-optically-lami...

When I sent a co-worker an IM saying "the new best thing?" and another link for the info on this HTC Edge, he replied, "Now don't tease me!" :smileyvery-happy: Personally I want to see quad-cores on tablets before phones and get the battery issues ironed out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'd just be happy to see a quad core in my work pc :smileysad:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ltolman wrote:

Droid Razr hasnt gotten much buzz but the HTC Rezound has and I dont know why.  Verizon had a pre order for Droid Razr on Oct 27th and I've been diligently reading my google reader/RSS feeds on various categories and much news have came from Samsung Galaxy Nexus & the HTC Rezound.

However since at least Oct 29th I've maybe seen 1 specific news article talking about the Droid Razr.  Now I've already made my pre order, I do find the Razr being just slightly (if not a bit more) better than the HTC Rezound but still that just seems odd.

Pre order Razr but no pre order for Rezound but again;  higher buzz for it.

LOL heck Motorola just announded a new Xoom 2 for their tablets but again not much for the new cell phone.

So as the subject says; do you think the less buzz about a device perhaps the better long lasting service it will provide?

actually, the ONLY device (of the ones you mentioned) i've seen ads for on tv is the razr. for the records, it's a pretty cool commercial. some little razor blade type of device flying around town just shredding everything in it's path. in the past, moto and verizon have pushed moto devices heavily. with the exception of maybe the samsung fascinate (that commercial and awful 80'3 track is still stuck in my head!) from last year, it seems to me that the only commercials i see for verzion devices are the motos (original droid, X, and X2 were all over my tv)

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

PJNC284 wrote:

Looks like the hype machine is about to blow up

http://www.bgr.com/2011/11/08/htc-edge-to-lead-the-smartphone-pack-with-quad-core-cpu-optically-lami...

Hopefully this thing does not have a sealed case and non-replaceable battery. If so, it's a loser regardless of its specs...or maybe because of its specs!

0 Likes