What is the warranty on a replacement LG G4 device? Original G4 died from bootloop.
Geforce4

I assume the replacement unit is a refurb.  Also, how reliable are the refurbs, is it likely to bootloop again?  And finally, if I sell or give the G4 away, is the warranty transferable?

My G4 died on Monday last week, and I got the replacement unit yesterday.  This was damaging to my business and personal life as I do not have any other phone (no landline, no backup smartphone).

I did a lot of reading on the bootloop issue with LG G4 this week.  It is a serious problem, and some people reported having to get their G4's repaired and replaced multiple times.  Depending on the situation it might be better to ditch the phone or trade it in for something more solid.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the warranty on a replacement LG G4 device? Original G4 died from bootloop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Geforce4,

I would be concerned too if this happened to my phone and I was unable to use it. Have you already worked with us on getting your LG G4 replaced under warranty? We follow the manufacture’s warranty and replace the device with a Certified Like-New Replacement of the same make and model. You can also work with the manufacturer directly for a warranty replacement, however, it can take more time as you have to ship your device to them before they will replace it.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: What is the warranty on a replacement LG G4 device? Original G4 died from bootloop.
Geforce4

As I said in the original post, device was replaced.  Serial number began with 505 on original, 506 on replacement.  I believe this means original was built May 2015 and replacement June 2015.  Based on my reading the bootloop was common on devices 505-509.  I assume the 506 is a refurb unit.

Based on your reply, it apppears the replacement unit has a one year warranty, same as the original.

I hope this one does not fail as well

0 Likes