What's going on with GS5 pre-orders?
yeahsure

I pre-ordered this phone on the 5th of this month, call in to find out why the order status says shipped and has a way wrong tracking number associated with it.

Call in on release day wondering if it was actually shipped or not, get told that they failed to process because they were trying to run some non-existent gift card even though I tried to run my transaction through using my debit card, Order gets processed as a phone order. Never received an email or a phone call informing me of this.

Then the phone arrives.. Today. after I was told by the CSR on the phone on Friday that I would be getting the phone sent to me via overnight shipping.

Original order was deleted and replaced as an order for the 11th it seems. After wasting 2 hours of my day tonight trying to find out why all of this occurred including why the rebate form for preorders online was not included, all I end up with is a call history of 2+ hours and a sour experience where all I've seen so far is terrible customer service.

Examples of my experiences so far within the 2 hours I mentioned.. Being stuck in a queue for 20+ minutes and then being hung up on shortly after getting on the line with someone, someone actually sitting there with their phone muted, eventually re-directing me to the rebate center without a hint of a warning.. just dead silence and a blind transfer pretty much.

And then the automated rebate system kicks me off the line.

FYI, how do I get a status on a rebate if I've never received a rebate form to mail back?

Let me know if you guys have some hint of a useful idea in response to these questions. Maybe I'm terrible at navigating the page or something, but I've seen no area of the site where I can email customer support and patiently receive a response or a phonecall. instead I'm wasting my time to talk to people who mute their phones and give minor attitudes just because you cant hear through their "umms" and "hmms."

By the way: this is actually my first week of EVER trying to contact support. And it's been terrible all around so far. What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What's going on with GS5 pre-orders?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had while upgrading yeahsure. We definitely don't want that to be the type of experience you have, especially when you're excited to upgrade. Please send me a direct message by hovering over my avatar so I can review all the orders' details and resolve this ASAP.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes