What the heck?
NameisTim

I recently did the Lollipop update.  I always had a hard time receiving calls at my workplace but texts worked fine. Since I updated I cannot do either. Also when I go outside for lunch my phone does not pick up the signal. I have to shut phone off and restart it before it recognizes phone signal and 4G. Why? What can I do? Can I reverse the update because I really need to be able to send and receive texts at work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What the heck?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I was hopeful. You should consider doing a factory reset, it would require you to back up all your data and then set up your phone again how you like, but a lot of people have reported that it cures what ails their phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

DO a hard reboot and see if that fixes it.  It seemed to do the trick on my Samsung phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NameisTim,

This is not how we want to hear your device is working. I will say, though, that once a software update is downloaded there is not a way to reverse it. We will be more than happy to work with you to get it working properly. Have you tried removing the sim card in it for a few minutes to see if a difference? http://vz.to/1Hg35hS

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Silly question, but have you restarted your phone since the update?

0 Likes
NameisTim

Yes, I have done that no difference.

0 Likes
NameisTim

Yes I called vzw tech support and that is what they suggested. I have done that, no difference.

Why when I go outside during my lunch does the phone not realize that I now have signal?  When

there is no signal for an extended period of time (4-5 hours)does that phone shut signal seeking function

off to preserve battery or something?  If so, is there a way to wake my phone up without restarting it?

0 Likes
NameisTim

yep no difference.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I was hopeful. You should consider doing a factory reset, it would require you to back up all your data and then set up your phone again how you like, but a lot of people have reported that it cures what ails their phone.

0 Likes